I have compaq c500 notebook with the CRX880A cdrom. when i insert a cd, the drive does not turn. usually it spins and i can hear the noise or feel it turn. but now nothing. the eject button works and the light works. the device manager shows the drive and says its working properly. but it doesn't work. any help pls?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If your CDROM is older than a year than you need to take it to repair person and ask for service of the device. He will carefully clean the sensitive lense and other parts of the CDROM. If the CDROM does not work even after that you need to retire it and get a new one. The CDROM drivers are built into windows. Windows detect the device driver once you start your computer with a CDROM in a working order.
First check it is detected in bios,if not check the power and data cables to the cd rom from motherboard.If its ok,this is a driver problem.I Think the vendor has given you a cdrom nero.First boot from a windows 98 cdrom,after that put the nero cd .You can find one folder "driver" or "cdrom",change into the directory and install.Reboot your system it will be okay.
1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then press ENTER.
2. Locate and click the following registry key:
3. To disable automatically running CD-ROMs, change the Autorun value to 0 (zero). To enable automatically running CD-ROMs, change the Autorun value to 1.
4. Restart your computer.
NOTE: This method disables automatically running CD-ROMs. If you want to disable automatically running CD-ROMs depending on the CD-ROM that you insert in the CD-ROM drive, you can press and hold down one of the SHIFT key while you insert the CD-ROM.
This may help.