- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The result NG 00FF means that the machine has tried to send a fax and gone through it's 3 redials and ended up failing to transmit. You do not say if you can receive faxes?
1. Make sure the telephone line you are connected to will make an outgoing and an incoming call. try this with a good working telephone. 2. Make sure you are using the genuine canon telephone line lead. 3. Make sure the line lead is plugged into the LINE socket and NOT the TEL socket. 4. Press the HOOK button on the fax and you should hear the dial tone through the speaker.
If all the above works and is correct then the machiine has a problem but i doubt it as you are getting 00FF and if the machine was at fault you would get a different error. I reckon the above should cure your problem.
There are two possible reasons why your printer display the error message.
1. Poor Line Condition - electrical interference on the line -Make sure electrical or electronic appliances do not interfere with the printer's phone line - poor line connection - If you have a phone try connecting it directly to line outlet. Listen to the dial tone, if you hear noisy and static, then you will need to call your local telephone company cause there is a problem in your phone line. If dial tone is clear and stable then try checking the telephone line cord that you use to connect your printer from the line outlet, replace if broken. - alarm system
or another device on same line, these interferes with transmission / reception of the fax machine. Try connecting the printer all alone and then try sending a fax.
2. Memory Full - There is no space to store incoming fax messages. Delete all stored fax messages.
You need to apply Canon's firware update at http://www.canon.com and search for fumx310swin1040en.exe if you have Windows or for an iMac the file is MX310 series Firmware Upgrade Utility Ver. 1.040 (Mac OS X) with a file name of fumx310sosx1040en.dmg
You probably want to plug the phone line (the line from the wall) into the port marked "L" for line on the back of the Fax machine. The jack with the picture of the telephone handset is for your optional voice phone to share the same line with the fax machine.
those noises you hear are line noises via your phone line, not machine related but they wreak havoc on faxing. first you need to replace the actual line connecting the fax machine to the wall. If this doesn't fix the problem then have your phone lines tested. also make sure your machine is set for digital or analog service, depending on which you have. Good Luck.
Hey renzo737 - Follow these steps to have your machine print a report after you send each fax:
1)Hit the Fax button, then the Menu button.
2)Press the < and > buttons to scroll until you reach
TX Settings. Hit OK.
3)Use the < and > buttons to scroll until you reach TX REPORT.
Then hit ok.
4)First you want ATTACH TX IMAGE and then you want
PRNT FOR EACH TX.(it may also say as TX REPORT)
On your machine under TX report it may just say PRINT ERROR ONLY, which means only print if there's an error, or the PRNT FOR EACH TX. You'll find it easily. You want the print for each tx option. This will print a report and give confirmation that your fax went through after each fax. If you have any problems understandind this or need more help just give a shout.
If this solves your problem PLEASE rate this as fixed. Like I said if you need more help just add a comment and I'll be happy to assist you further. Thanks and have a good one.
Display the fax menu and then select Print Report\List and print the Users Data List. Check the setting of the ECM TX setting. If this is ON turn it OFF. This is the Error Correction Mode setting, probability is the fax you are sending to is not ECM compatible. The MP830 is suppose to automatically send in standard mode if receiving machine is not ECM compatible however I am not sure how well this works. Turn the ECM setting off by displaying the Fax Menu and then select Maintenance\Settings, Device Settings, Fax Settings, TX settings, ECM TX.