I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 which was purchased in the States fo obviously has an American power lead with 2 pins. I am looking for a power lead with 3 pins that will work with my laptop in the Uk without me having to buy an adaptor. Do these exist and if so where can I get one. Thanks in advance
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I would contact Dell if it's still under warranty. If not, their out of warranty repair services are usually fairly reasonable, as are local repair shops. Unfortunately, there's not usually a quick-fix for this.
1) Remove battery 2) Remove wall charger 3) Press and hold the power button in for 30 seconds 4) Plug in wall charger only 5) Retry powering the laptop and if it switches on plug battery in after 5 minutes
Based on what you have stated, you replaced the battery and charging lead but the laptop still won't charge. What do you mean by charging lead? Are you referring to the power adapter?
Since you already changed those two things, then the problem could be the power jack of the laptop and/or the connections inside the laptop.
Try to plug the power adapter slowly and try to wiggle it. It you feel that the power jack is wiggling, then the problem is a loose power jack that is why it won't charge. And you need to have a tech tighten that up for you.
1. Turn laptop off. 2. Remove all external devices and disconnect AC adapter power cable from the system. 3. Remove the battery from the system. 4.Hold down the power button continuously for at least 5 seconds. Do not release the power button during this process. 5.Insert the battery back to the system. 6.Power the laptop back on.
Try using touchpad again.
Dear Sir, Have Dell laptop Inspiron 1525 with Vista loaded....but I need Win XP-2 OS on it...CD of which I have but don't have the laptop drivers compatible with XP. Can you pls guide me how & where to find these drivers....Dell does'nt have those drivers anymore (outdated) Pls...