Why am I not able to upload detailed maps anymore? I added maps for a trip I am taking tomorrow and the detail in the new maps and the ones already loaded are gone. The message "Detail Maps Don't Support Routing" shows on screen and the "Find Address" option is gone.
Hi bud, just had the same problem. hard reset i.e turn off unit, hold down ok, page and then the power button at the same time. it should then ask you if you want to delete all data. select yes and then you should be able to upload your maps again, this worked for me good luck
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Get on the Garmin website.
Speak to a customer service rep.
Garmin is very helpful in these situations.
If you can connect the GPS to your computer they can upload the correct maps directly to the unit.
Depending on how and from where you acquired the GPS ther may be no charge for this.
I too have a Garmin Quest and yesterday felt like throwing it against the wall because of the above problem. I found the solution eventually. When you download the maps from the Garmin Maps page, where you select the maps download, make sure that the checkbox to "Include route calculation data" is ticked before downloading your maps. Also make sure that the total memory required for the number of maps selected does not exceed the available memory on your Quest. If you try to fit more information into your Quest than it can receive then you are bound to have some problems. The Quests seems to have different memory specifications. According to the USA spec the memory is only 128mb, the Garmin site says 115mb and the box that my Quest came in says that it has 243mb.
I wanted to add maps to my 250W. I found the maps I wanted on a Torrent. However, many searches around various forums never revealed how to install these. Found the following through reading and experimentation.
1. Downoaded map image file GMAPSUPP.IMG. Download also gave me "Use code XXX when generating unlock code for maps" 2. Downloaded Garmin Unlock Generator 1.3 by JetMouse 3. Looked on my GPS to find the UnitID 4. Entered the UnitID into Garmin Unlock Generator. Ignore the GM XT device unlock code and the top Generate button. 5. Selected Map Product as Custom and entered the code given for the downloaded image file. 6. Hit the bottom create button to generate a 25 digit code. 7. Download Img2Gps and run 8. Click Load Folder to load the image file. Select the tick next to it. 9. Check the Use Unlock Key option and paste the 25 digit code in. 10. Load a blank SD card into your Garmin 11. Connect the Garmin to your PC using a USB cable. You should see two dirves in windows: one is the Garmin and the other is the "Removable Disk" SD card. 12. Create a folder called "Garmin" on the SD card 13. Select Folder/Card in Img2GPS 14. Click "Copy Maps". Select the folder /Garmin on the SD card. You may need to click copy again. 15. Upload will take a while. 16. You should now see a file GMAPSUPP.IMG on the SD card in the /Garmin directory. 17. Create a new text file called GMAPSUPP.UNL in the same directory (make sure it does not have a hidden .txt extension). 18 copy the 25 digit unlock key into this file. 19. Close the file. 20. Disconnect the Garmin. 21. On Startup it should load your original maps and the new ones.
I had the same problem. What you do is place your finger in the lower right corner where the green button would be and cut it on. When the prompt comes up, click yes. when the no detailed maps comes up again, hold down the green button again. You should then be able to upload the maps.
Hello, I currently own a Garmin quest myself, and some time ago I had some strange problems myself, I am a electronics technician, and I do have a work around for you. I will explain the problems and a cure for you to try, none of the work arounds depend on any parts to be removed.
1. NO RECEIVING SATELLITE TELEMETRY. I beleieve this could be due to a number of reasons, but more so at sometime corrupted telemetry was the problem to fix this,
a turn GPS on
b. depress menu
select Time Setup
when in Time Setup depress MENU
Select SET DATE
Depress OK button
Depress OK button again on the numberic keypad that appears on the screen (DONE)
what this seems to do is resets the internal date/time clock and the unit starts to work again.
the Second workaround is this but takes hours to perform.
Simply turn the Guest on and allow the battery to fully discharge, usually this works to TOTALLY flush the Memory again, but on my unit I have to setup all the maps again, this is easy to perform, but just takes time. I hope this helps you.
phil email firstname.lastname@example.org