Question about Samsung DynaFlat TX-R2035 TV

1 Answer

Picture has dropped

I have a 32" Samsung Dynaflat HDTV. The picture seemed to drop about 4" so now there is a big black area at the top of the TV. This is the second time it happened. 3 years ago we got it repaired but unless I can do it myself it isn't worth fixing again.

To explain the problem perhaps you can envision the really old TVs. At times the picture would fall and there was a little knob called "vertical hold" that would allow you to move the picture back up. It's the same here except obviously there is no vertical hold button. I have no idea why the picture dropped but as I said the last repair was $400 which isn't even worth the price of the TV anymore.


Posted by on

  • hartley_g Feb 18, 2009

    Thanks. Hence why I'm not a TV repairman. I haven't a clue what you said :). Where exactly would I find these capacitors, pins and heatsticks? What I recall the first time the repairman came is he grabbed a little tube out of the back of the TV somewhere and left the other 300 metal piece (i.e. the TV) there.

    Obviously I would like to fix it myself but I would need more guidance. Would it be worth taking it to a corner type TV fix it place rather than looking for one that Samsung recommends who obviously is gouging?


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Brigadier General:

    An expert that has over 10,000 points.

  • Master
  • 6,966 Answers

Hi and welcome to FixYa,

Almost always, your described fault of the TV is the pump capacitor in the vertical section. These capacitors tend to leak due to the heat build-up in that area. Other than that, no other component (to my knowledge) could exhibit the same symptoms. Price wise, component cost should just be a few dollars something making the repair if done by yourself (DIY) worth the effort. This is a relatively easy/quick repair, what would be more challenging is identifying which of the hundreds of capacitor is the one faulty and getting acces underneath the board to perform soldering.

To help you determine which, initially identify which is the vertical section. The vertical IC is often a single in line package with 7 or more pins. This IC would be attached to an aluminum heatsink. It would be very close to a 4 big wires terminal/connector that goes to the yoke. Very very close to the vertical IC would be several capacitors, about 5, certainly not more than 10. Among these capacitors, 1 would be relatively bigger with a value in the neighborhood of 100uF/50V. This is the pump capacitor. Replace it with a similar value readily available from most electronics supply store including Radio Shack. You would need a soldering iron to effect the repairs.

Good luck and thank you for using FixYa.

Posted on Feb 18, 2009

  • Louie  Role
    Louie Role Feb 18, 2009

    Based on your recent post, your best bet would be to seek the services of your friendly neighborhood electronics repair shop, not necessarily a Samsung Repair/Service center. As said, easy fix, only 1 component, the capacitor. This suggestion is likewise based on the availability of a soldering iron needed to solder in the capacitor. Should you go this, the replacement part is very cheap, it may be the service fee that would be question.


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Picture size is reduced by black areas on top and bottom

It seems that you haven't setup the 16:9 aspect ratio. Refer to page 34 in your manual and look for 16:9 enhanced. Here is some nore ubfo on your problem.,66/p/61659,61660,61754,61803/

Mar 08, 2015 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-32FS120 32" TV

1 Answer


Set would seem to be either in PIP (picture in picture multiple mode) or the black box might be the TEXT feature which is found in the closed caption menu.

Nov 04, 2012 | Samsung PCL5415R TV

1 Answer

There is a black gap between the actual picture and the right edge of the monitor and it also "pushes" the picture into the left edge a half an inch or so, rendering it unviewable on the left...

the "horizontal position "control has been tampered with .but locating it and setting it can be hazardous so only a qualified person should do it .

Mar 06, 2011 | Samsung DynaFlat TX-R2035 TV

1 Answer

Dropped daewood tv from bed. no pictures.

The circuit board inside is cracked and has broken circuit traces. This is common if a set is dropped. The usual area that gets damaged is around a part called the horizontal output (or "flyback") transformer. It's the part with a red wire leading up to a rubber cap connected to the top of the picture tube. The flyback is fairly heavy and usually there's not much support for the circuit board in that area. When the set gets dropped, the weight of the flyback can break the circuit board. This can sometimes be repaired depending on the extent of the damage. Often the breaks are very obvious and sometimes not. Some of the circuit traces are very thin and close together which makes finding and repairing the damage difficult. In some cases other parts and areas can be damaged as well. This kind of repair requires considerable troubleshooting and soldering skills, so you might want to let a professional shop give you an estimate for the repair.

Jun 05, 2009 | Toshiba 32A60 32" TV

1 Answer

I lost my color on my tv

If the cable was an SVideo, it's possible you might have a broken pin. Losing one of the 4 pins would still give you a picture but it would be in Black and White. Check both ends of the cable and if one is missing, get another SVideo cable.

May 26, 2009 | Samsung DynaFlat TX-P2764 27" TV

1 Answer

Picture is extremely distorted

generally Samsung makes great units. but its definitely not worth fixing. recycle it and indvest in a new unit.


Dec 22, 2008 | Samsung DynaFlat TX-P2775H 27" TV

2 Answers

Picture vertical output has reduced

TV has no cathode 200 volts supply.
If you have experience of CRT TV repair then let me know to guide you further or get help of near by TV tech person.

Nov 30, 2008 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-24FV300 24" TV

1 Answer

2003 32 inch samsung dynaflat hdtv

The ticking indicates a feed back on the power supply - most likely the shutdown circuit itself because something up-circuit is shorted. MY first guess would be the HOT (Horizontal Output Transistor) - Second guess the FBT or Flyback Transformer...
I might have the service manual for that, just email me personally and make it clear what you're after. I get nearly 3000 emails a day and I be real lucky to remember what this is all about when I get the mail...

PS Go online and download Pando... It's a free download and the best way to send large and/or multiple large files over the net...

Jan 29, 2008 | Samsung DynaFlat TX-P2775H 27" TV

1 Answer

Sony FD Trinitron WEGA kv32fs120 32" picture too big/vertical arch...

Sounds like you have a problem with the high voltage regulation or the power supply. This condition is called "blooming" Stargazer

Aug 18, 2007 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-32FS120 32" TV

1 Answer

Picture has rolled up leaving a black bar on the bottom

Greeeting from Belize you are having a problem either with cold solder or a problem in the power supply those lines are hum bars due to a defected filter cap.resolder your power supply if that does not solve the problem then you replace the power supply you can get a power supply kit from in florida.good luck.also make check in the vertical section if you cannot do it your self take it to a qualified tech to resolve your problem this should cost you about $75.00. to get it fix.

Oct 30, 2006 | Samsung DynaFlat TX-P3076WH 30" TV

Not finding what you are looking for?
Samsung DynaFlat TX-R2035 TV Logo

200 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Samsung Televison & Video Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

71117 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17129 Answers

Jerry Greenberg
Jerry Greenberg

Level 3 Expert

1640 Answers

Are you a Samsung Televison and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides