Question about NetGear ProSafe FS105 5-Port Ethernet Switch (0606449037609)
I have a home network setup as follows:
The whole house is wired with Cat5 into all the rooms.
- DSL into home
- DSL Modem connected to Netgear MR814 router
- Windows Vista computer connected via Ethernet to router
- Router also has wireless enabled
- Router is connected through wall (to patch panel downstairs)
- Router is setup with DHCP enabled
- Router also has UPnP enabled
- Patch panel for all the wired rooms
- Router connected from patch panel to Netgear FS105 switch
- Computer 2 (Windows 2000) connected through wall to patch panel, from patch panel to Netgear FS105 switch
- ReplayTV connected through wall to patch panel, from patch panel to Netgear FS105 switch
- Xbox connected through wall to patch panel, from patch panel to Netgear FS105 switch
Another computer (WinXP) connected via wireless to router.
- All computers have joined the network and are working fine.
- The ReplayTV and Xbox can't seem to join the network and get their IP information
Is your ReplayTV and Xbox configured to use DHCP? If not, you may need to configure static IP addresses for each of them.
Posted on Feb 18, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 13, 2010 | NetGear FS105 5x10/100 Mbps Networking...
Mar 05, 2010 | D-Link 802.11g Wireless Router WBR-1310...
Feb 13, 2010 | NetGear MR814 Wireless Router
Nov 22, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Sep 30, 2009 | NetGear RangeMax WPN824 Router
Jul 06, 2009 | NetGear FS105 5x10/100 Mbps Networking...
Jun 28, 2009 | NetGear MR814 Wireless Router
Aug 21, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Dec 24, 2007 | NetGear FS105 5x10/100 Mbps Networking...
714 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: