Lexmark 5400 series
Problem: Lexmark cannot retrieve applications list
I have the Lexmark X3550 with the WiFi option board installed (makes it same as the model X4550) and get the “cannot retrieve applications list” message on one of the five computers connected to my router (Linlsys WRT54G V8) and using wireless printing and scanning. Just like everyone else with a similar Lexmark WiFi printer/scanner, I can print wireless, but cannot get the wireless scanner to work on one of my PCs.
The fix, in my case, was to change the Lexmark network name as follows.
1. Launch Lexmark Imaging Studio.
2. Right-Click on “View or change network settings”.
3. Enter a new network name in the first box shown. (This box contained the correct network name for my PC, but another name was needed to make the scanner work. I simply added “-lex” at the end of the current network name.)
4. Right-Click OK. You should return to the Imaging Studio screen.
5. Close the Lexmark Imaging Studio window. (The tray icon should remain at the screen lower right.)
6. On the printer, press the Scan Mode button.
7. On the printer’s display screen, select the Computer Name that you entered for the new network name. Just use the arrow buttons until the exact name is shown.
8. Press the Check button. The display screen should show “Downloading Applications List”. Within about 10 seconds the message should change to “ *Scan to Computer ”. Wireless scanning should now work.
9.. Press the Start Color or Start Black button. “Requesting Scan” will be shown. After a few seconds scanning will start. The process is a bit slow.
10. After a while you may see an empty small Lexmark window onscreen. Later, the Lexmark Imaging Studio will appear onscreen, then change to show many options and features. An image of the scanned item will appear in a Lexmark window. Save and/or edit the image. Another scan can be done by pressing the printer’s Check button again. Be sure the correct computer name is shown on the printer’s display.
That’s it. A new computer name was the solution. Your PC and printer may require a restart (power off) after changing the “computer name”.
Mar 12, 2008 |
HP PSC 2210 All-In-One InkJet Printer