As above, I tried up upgrade the Firmware for my BEFSR41 V3 Linksys Router. Following their instructions, the Upgrade failed. NOW....I cannot get into router Setup at all........EVEN after using "Reset". Their is absolutely no router function. Trying to get back into Setup simply yieldsa the Message that the server cannot be contacted.
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: cannot reset router after Firmware upgrade failed
Hold down the reset button for 30 seconds to restore the defaults, if the router still doesn't function you will need to contact linksys support on how to reload the firmware they may need you to send it to repair.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This issue may be caused by a router that has outdated firmware.
Make sure that port 1723 is opened on your router. For VPN connection , you can try opening port 500, 443-447, 10000-20000 and important port 1723 on your router.
I will suggest you to upgrade firmware on your Linksys router. After upgrading the firmware, reset the router to factory default and reconfigure it manually. Open the ports mentioned above and see if that works.
there are 3 variants of the WRT54G2 , v1, v3 and v5 ensure that you choose the right firmware for the variant(its on the bottom of the router) Go to the US site as this has more uptodate versions of the firmware. For example v1 in the UK is at 220.127.116.11 dated 2008 v1 from the US site is 18.104.22.168 dated 2009
If the power light keeps blinking it means that the router has reached its end point or else you have short circuited the board, or the router is reached up to the maximum whereby it has totally failed. The best would be to replace that router now or try to use a software named tftp to get into the router interface if it is possible then upgrade the firmware/ You can get tftp by searching in google.
Firmware upgrade is a simple but a delicate procedure. Make sure you are loading the correct firmware. You should get your firmware from the website of your router. Installing a THIRD PARTY firmware to your router voids the warranty of your router. Here is a tip for a successful firmware upgrade. BEFORE FIRMWARE UPGRADE(push the reset button of the router for 30 seconds then unplug the power of the router for 10 seconds). Upgrade the firmware. After the upgrade push the reset button again for 30seconds, unplug power for 10 seconds.
This patrticular b router from linksys is a older version, it is not compatible for certain products, try upgrading the latest firmware for the router through, www.linksys.com/downloads, or else replace the router and check..
Firmware upgrades may erase all previous settings to your router's configuration. Before upgrading your firmware, make sure to record your settings.
1. Unplug and disconnect all computers from the router except for one. This computer must be plugged into the router directly. There can be no other network activity on the router during the upgrade, so be sure to power off all other computers.
2. Go to http://www.linksys.com/download
3. Select the model number of the Linksys router you have (BEFSR41) as firmware upgrades vary by model
and version. You can find your router version underneath your router after the model number. For example, ?BEFSR41 Ver. 3?.
4. Click the Downloads for this Product button.
5. Once you arrive on the download page, click the Firmware button.
6. After the firmware page opens, click the link that says ?Click here to download the latest firmware...? and download the firmware file to your computer.
7. Once you download the firmware Zip file, unzip it. If you do not have an unzipping program, go to http://www.winzip.com and download WinZip, which will allow you to unzip the file.
8. After unzipping the firmware files, one of them will be called TFTP.EXE. Double click on it.
9. When the ?Upgrade Firmware? window opens, you will have three prompts. The ?Server? field is for the IP address of your router; by default this would be 192.168.1.1.
10. Enter the routers password into the ?Password? field; by default the password is admin.
11. Browse for the file in the Firmware Upgrade utility program by clicking on the button next to file with
the '?' symbol on it. Look for the file named 'code.bin' in the folder where the firmware files were extracted to.
12. Highlight the code.bin file and click on the Open button to direct the TFTP loader program to put that file into the "File" box.
13. The full path should be displayed [example: c:\linksys\code.bin].
14. Click on the Upgrade button to begin the upgrade process.
15. The upgrade should take about 1 minute, and you will be prompted after the upgrade is complete and successful.
If you are still having troubles, contact Linksys Technical Support.