An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert that has over 10,000 points.
Re: Can not view Hidden Files/Folders
When you have a folder open... tap on the Alt key... you should see your menu now... folder options should be in tools... click on it... then click on the view tab... you will see show hidden folders in that list.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Open Explorer, press ALT and T on the keyboard. This should pull down Tools menu, click on Folder Options. Click on VIEW tab then tick the Show Hidden Files and Folders option. That should display the hidden files for Windows 7.
Hope this helps.
1. Enable Hidden Files and Folders: 1. A. Windows XP : 1. a.i. Click on “Start”, click “My Computer” 1. a.ii. On the “Tools” menu, click on “folder options”. 1.a.iii. On the “view” tab, locate “Advanced settings” and then follow these steps: Check the option “Show Hidden files and folders” Clear the option, “Hide protected operating system files check box”. Clear the option, “Hide file extensions for know file types check box”. 1. a.iv. Click ok and close the window. 1.B. Windows Vista : 1.b.i. Click on “Start”, click “My Computer” 1.b.ii. In the Explorer window, click “Organize” 1.b.iii. Choose “Folder and Search Options”. 1.b.iv. In the folder options window, click on “View” tab 1.b.v. Select the option “Show hidden files and folders” click “ok”.
2. Delete Windows Live Contacts folder : 2. a. Click on “Start”; double click on “My computer” 2. b. Browse to the location Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<Your Windows logon name>\Local settings\Application Data\Microsoft Windows Vista: C:\Users\<Your Windows logon name>\App Data\Local\Microsoft 2. c. Delete “Windows live contacts folder” completely. Note:
Ensure to exit Windows live Messenger from the task manager before
deleting Windows live contacts cache folder, otherwise you will get an
error prompting that you can’t delete the folder . 2. d. Try signing into Windows Live Messenger.
Go to Start select programs and then accessories and then click to open "windows explorer". If you can't find it there search for explorer.exe. Click on the program and open it. Select "tools" on the task bar and "Folder options" in the pull down drawer. Select "view". It should be in front of you under the the "Hidden files and folders" folder. You can apply it to the current directory Windows Explorer is in or all folders in the drive by punching the button marked as such there.
start ----- run ----- regedit -------- HKEY_ LOCAL_MACHINE ------- software -------- microsoft --------- windows -------- current version ------- explorer -------- advanced ------- folder ------- hidden --------- showall
there we check DWORD VALU of CheckedValue = 0 for not save
1 for save(by defult)
When you open the window "My Computer" you need to open the "Folder options". under "Folder Options" you have three tabs, you need to click on the "View" tab. Under "View" tab you have an option as "Hidden files and folders", you may select the option according to your choice over there.
Note : - In win XP the "Folder options" are present under the "Tools" tab, however it might be under the "View" tab in the "my computer" in win 98. I don't have a Win 98 handy to check that. i am sure you would be able to find that out. Once you have the "Folder options" the steps are same as mentioned above.
Hope that resolves your issue. Will wait for tee rating.