Question about Compaq (261671-001) Motherboard
Turned it off, system working fine, now it won't boot even in safe mode. I am thinking that there is a way to over ride and be able to do a system recovery. I have tried F8 and the system continues to turn on and off repeatedly and rapidly.
If the system was able to enter the desktop and
restarts...once possible cause is a virus...scan the pc via safemode or
but if it didn't enter the OS desktop...cause might be the boot loader or MBR is damage..
worth a try:
Run the Recovery Console from the Windows XP startup disks or the Windows XP CD-ROM, follow these steps:
1. Insert the Windows XP startup disk into the floppy disk drive, or insert the Windows XP CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive, and then restart the computer.
Click to select any options that are required to start the computer from the CD-ROM drive if you are prompted.
2. When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start the Recovery Console.
3. If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the installation that you must access from the Recovery Console.
4. When you are prompted, type the Administrator password. If the administrator password is blank, just press ENTER.
5. At the command prompt, type this commands one at a time.
COPY [CDDRIVE]:\I386\NTLDR C:\
COPY [CDDRIVE]:\I386\NTDETECT.COM C:\
6. To exit the Recovery Console and restart the computer, type exit at the command prompt, and then press ENTER.
Posted on Feb 18, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 06, 2012 | HP Pavillion s7420n PC Desktop
Jun 21, 2012 | HP Pavilion dv6000z Notebook
Jul 26, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Nov 17, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Jul 14, 2010 | HP TouchSmart IQ506t PC with Intel Core 2...
Nov 04, 2009 | HP Pavilion Media Center m8425f 2.66GHz...
Sep 08, 2009 | Acer Aspire 7720 Notebook
Jun 29, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Jun 14, 2008 | HP PAVILION A6230N DESKTOP PC
250 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: