Question about IBM ThinkPad T20 Notebook
Im forget mein Bios passport
Type 2647-8AG NO: 557PF01
F you cannot boot the ThinkPad, you will have to reset the IBM ThinkPad password via hardware.
If only the power-on password is set, do the following to remove the power-on password.
1. Power off the computer
2. Remove the DIMM cover on the bottom side of the computer.
3. Short-circuit the two password pads or put a jumper on the contacts to short the circuit.
4. Under the short-circuit condition, power on the computer and wait until the POST ends. After the POST ends, the password prompt does not appear. The power-on password is removed.
5. Reinstall the DIMM cover.
If both the power-on password and the supervisor password are set, do the following to remove the passwords:
1. Power on the computer by pressing and holding F1.
2. Enter the supervisor password. The Easy-Setup menu appears.
3. Click on the Password icon.
4. Click on the Power on icon.
5. Enter the supervisor password and press the Space bar.
6. Press Enter twice.
7. Click on Exit; then click on Restart.
Please rate my response.
Posted on Feb 17, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 23, 2013 | Yamaha Motorcycles
Jan 03, 2013 | HP Compaq nx6310 Notebook
Nov 12, 2010 | Acer Aspire 5720-4230 Notebook
During the boot up process you will see on the screen press delete to enter set up
Press delete during the boot up process to enter BIOS scroll down to set user password you can change or remove your password from there
hope this helps
Oct 18, 2010 | Western Digital My Passport Essential SE...
May 13, 2010 | 1995 Honda Passport
Apr 24, 2010 | Toshiba Satellite A135-S2276 Notebook
Apr 09, 2010 | Acer Aspire 4315 Notebook
Jan 24, 2010 | Televison & Video
306 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!