Question about GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

1 Answer

The power when off

Mo power or light at all

Posted by on

  • Anonymous Feb 22, 2009

    The whole unit just died suddenly. No power, no function, no nothing.

  • Anonymous Apr 02, 2009

    GE Spacemaker 2.0; no power at all and wall plug is working

×

1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

    MVP:

    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.

    Governor:

    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 20 times.

    Hot-Shot:

    An expert who has answered 20 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 52 Answers

Presuming you have checked the plug fuse.

remove the casing of the unit, and check the internal fuses. I am sure this will sort your problem

Posted on Feb 21, 2009

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Blower fan run when i shut the door and never shuts off what could the problem be mo#rcs10ts


Some brands of microwaves will do that when you have a bad door switch or the door/switches are out of adjustment. In most cases the actual microwave isn't running just the light and fans but it does need corrected.

Mar 31, 2015 | Amana Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

My Jack Hammer JH600 1200 Watts Amp will not turn on what could be the problem?


1. No power to outlet (overload or fault in microwave or other appliance).
2. Blown main fuse - likely due to other problems.
3. Open thermal protector or thermal fuse.
4. Defective controller or its power supply.
5. Clock needs to be set before other functions will operate (some mo

God bless you807e75c9-b572-4828-b32d-724b11eb9497.gif

May 22, 2013 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

My Jack Hammer JH600 will not turn on what could be wrong?


1. No power to outlet (overload or fault in microwave or other appliance).
2. Blown main fuse - likely due to other problems.
3. Open thermal protector or thermal fuse.
4. Defective controller or its power supply.
5. Clock needs to be set before other functions will operate (some mob13fba98-cfd6-48cc-90f8-20b4ee6eed63.gif

May 22, 2013 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

My dcs mo-24-Ss microwave oven cannot heat the food after turn on, everything working fine other than no microwave come out


Assuming the turntable, inside light, and internal cooling fan all work when you press "Start" to cook, then I would suspect a bad magnetron, or a bad connection at the "FA" terminal of the magnetron.

If one or more of those three items do not work when you hit "Start", the I would suspect a bad door switch or mount.

The DCS MO24SS is essentially a rebranded Sharp R-530E-series microwave with different cosmetics and a higher price.

The service manual for the Sharp model is here.

The internal Sharp parts in the manual will interchange, but not the external cosmetic parts.

You can order Sharp parts from Encompass here.

Nov 22, 2012 | DCS MO-24-SS Microwave Oven

1 Answer

I need a new waveguide cover.


Just go to your machanic or the nearest waveguide selling shops

Feb 26, 2011 | DCS MO-24-SS Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Flash in oven


The flash is usually caused by metal either being placed inside of micro or the interior surface might have chipped enamel exposing the metal underneath. Make sure no metal materials are placed inside while using and that the interior surface is in good condition.

Dec 08, 2009 | DCS MO-24-SS Microwave Oven

1 Answer

I have a DCS Model MO-24SS. The other day I was


Main fuse is under outer cover Its a large ceramic fuse and costs about $30

Jul 25, 2009 | DCS MO-24-SS Microwave Oven

2 Answers

Information about microwave leakage


Hi, you seem very concerned with your Microwave Oven "Leaking" & I would like to set your mind at rest. Now whilst all this is possible, in actuality it is a rare event. The manufacturers must meet very Strict & Stringent regulations regarding "Shielding" and "Protection" There are many safeguards inbuilt into the MO. Also the ONLY time that anything is "Emitted" is when the MO is actually being used. The Microwave Oven (MO) is for all intents & purposes is a "Radio Transmitter". Inside the MO, there is a device called a Magnetron, this device converts your mains Power into High Frequency Radio Waves, in the 2.5GHz Spectrum. These radio waves are exactly the same in makeup as ALL other Radio waves that are all around us all the time, and cause us no problems. You are prudent to be concerned but please rest assured the "Risk" from any "Leak" is extremely low.. even if it did "leak" in the first place. To answer your questions in turn... 1. No they do not... 2. No they do not. 3. Yes one can purchase a simple Microwave Oven "Leak Detector". Generally the only place that one may get a "Leak" from is around the "Door" seal.

Sep 09, 2007 | Microwave Ovens

Not finding what you are looking for?
GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven Logo

Related Topics:

88 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top GE Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

8820 Answers

Devabhakthuni...
Devabhakthuni...

Level 2 Expert

224 Answers

D. E. Hev

Level 3 Expert

1059 Answers

Are you a GE Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...