An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
Re: lg home theater to lg plasma tv
This is a typical problem with TV broadcast UNLESS you use a matrix DSP surround sound mode, most DVD audio is either Dolby digital 5.1 surround or DTS multi-channel surround sound, unless you are viewing a HDTV broadcast with 5.1 Digital sound connected from the TV to the receiver then you are probably receiving a 2 channel Stereo sound format, I would suggest that you try to set your TV input mode to a audio Dolby Pro- Logic which will yield 5.1 and should engage all speakers.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. The easiest solution would be to connect a stereo RCA (red and white) cable to the audio output on the back of your TV. 2. Then connect the other end to the input on your home theater system. 3. Change the home theater system to the correct input.
connect to the OPTICAL IN 1 jack to enjoy TV
sound to your speaker system.
Basically you need to have the Audio go from TV to receiver and setup receiver to that Input to output surround sound to all speakers.
If you have a cable box or satellite receiver, hook that output into the receivers input and that should work.
My setup is DirectTv HDMI output goes into the LG Home Theater HDMI Input 1, and LG goes HDMI output into the TV HDMI input 1.
so to watch DirectTV, I switch LG Home theater to HDMI Input 1. and TV is on HDMI input 1 (to view LG HDMI output from DriectTV, Blu-Ray, Vudu, etc.)
hi, select tv input on ur theater system. u can hear audio fro the frond left and right speakers. if u want to hear the audio from the surround speakers, then press the A-MODE button on ur remote to select different type of sound modes. press again and again to select different sound field. select one which suits u. ok
OK. For all you regular Joe's like me here's the fix--plain and simple! I have Dish Networks HD receiver, an LG Home Theater System (LHB953) and an LG HD Television - although I suspect this applies for most LG TV-to-LG Audio Systems used in combination with a HD TV). My problem lied within the LG to LG setting known as SIMPLINK which tries to "auto-configure" everything between LG to LG devices.
Do this to make your HD TV (using Dish/DirecTV) play it's HD video display from the satellite provider but play the audio over the LG surround sound speakers:
1. Plug a HDMI cable from your satelite receiver's set-top-box to your HD TV. This will carry your HD "video" ONLY. Click "Input" on the TV remote until the HD video signal shows your desired TV channel from your satellite provider.
2. Plug an HD Optical cable (the one with the red laser) from your LG HTS (Home Theater System) to your satellite box. This will carry your HD "audio" ONLY.
3. This is the magic everyone seems to be overlooking. On the LG TV remote, go into the menu options and disable SIMPLINK by setting SIMPLINK=OFF. This feature allows the video and audio signals to be split over 2 different ports: HD video goes over the HDMI cable and the audio to go over the HD Optical cable.