- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This model dryer has two heating elements, one for the top and one for the bottom, I suspect that the bottom element is burned out. If you want to attempt it yourself then I can send you a service manual that will walk you step by step through the whole dryer.
It's most likely a thermal fuse if it's a gas dryer. very easy to install. If your dryer is electric, it's either the thermal cut-off or the heating element itself. If you need help with anything, please feel free to e-mail me. good luck :)
Turn the dryer on, go out to the where the vent exits the house. Feel the air coming out, and it should blow very strong, and for the total diameter of the discharge. If it doesn't, the vent pipe is plugged, or the connection hose from wall to dryer is crimped/collapsed when pushed back to the wall.
Also make sure lint filter is clean, and the grill inside the dryer where hot air enters is clear.
Sounds like the door switch has gone bad., but your description is confusing.
First, it takes a few minutes for you to feel the air blowing hot, particularly when the dryer is in a cold garage. The heating elements have to heat up the mass of the metal, and any clothes in the dryer.
The timer design is such that it can not speed up (the motor inside wont start running faster, due to it's electrical design.).
I am suspect that the door switch has failed for some reason, because reading between the lines, I think you are saying when you release the Start button, the dryer quits operating. If the door switch is bad, then it will cause that condition to happen.
1st check the breakers
2nd check wiring in back to see connections are secure.
3rd check element. It would be burned in two.
4th check thermal overload switch which is located underneath top of dryer. Easy to remove top. Probably 4-6 screws.