Have tried to download a new driver from nvidia it was a geforce 7800 when it had downloaded I looked at all the files it had downloaded - clicked on one of them screen went white then switched off - now have nothing - help please! i have windows vista home premium on my laptop by the way
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: Turning on problem
Hi there, you might of downloaded the wrong driver, i.e it was to powerfull for your screen and blew the bulb.
what i can sugguest is try to put a boot disc in and turn everythink of.
if not try a cold system reset, take out the plug charger and better, leave it for 30mins then keep your finger on the power button for 30secs, leave it for another 5, and replace battery etc and see if that works.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
hi ejay, i am happy to assist you, just go to nvidia company site and mansion your model so that you can easily able to download your latest driver for your graphic card, for this you don't have to search for Google and all,if so you will feel hard to find excate driver for your card.
1. search "96.85_forceware_winvista_x86_international_whql" on Google
2. download the file.
3. Run the file and install (you will get FAIL message)
4. Go you "C:\NVIDIA\WinVista\96.85\"
5. OPEN "nv_disp.inf" file
6. ADD -> NVIDIA_BR02.DEV_0347.1% = nv_NV3x, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0347 on [Manufacturer] section
7. ADD -> NVIDIA_BR02.DEV_0347.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce Go5700" on Localizable Strings (Bottom of the file)
8. SAVE the file
9. RUN setup
it seems you have a driver corruption problem restart the system by pressing the power button at the acer logo start tapping the F8 key on the keypad top you will see a menu select safe mode and press enter here you can restore your system to a back date when your display was ok