Question about HP LaserJet 1022 Printer
Are you on the same network as the host machine. In simple terms, the machine that you are trying to printer should be on the same network/domain.
click on start, right click on my computer and go to properties. Under properties check the computer name tab. specifically the workgroup. see if that matches the host machine. If it's different that's the issue.
If its different click on the button change, and type the domain in the box below.
hope this helps.
Posted on Feb 17, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 10, 2011 | HP LaserJet 1020 Printer
on Sep 20, 2010 | Computers & Internet
HP says to use the Vista drivers. You have to install it a a local printer follow these steps....
1. Make sure the printer is turned on and connected to your network. Verify that you can access the printer's internal web page by browsing to its IP address before continuing. Print a network config page or make note of the IP address and Name. (should be a static IP)
2. Click >> Start >> Control panel >> Devices and Printers.
3. Click the Add a printer
4. Select Local printer
5. Select Create a new port and select Standard TCP/IP Port and click Next button.
6. Under Device type, select TCP/IP Device. Under Hostname or IP address, enter the printer's host name (found on the printer's network configuration report the generated above). Click Next.
If you get a message about Additional Port Information Required, then the printer was not found using the host name. You can go back and retry or using the printer's IP address instead of the host name.
7. Select HP or Hewlett-Packard from the list of manufacturers and select and select your printer model. Click Next.
If your printer model was not listed, then select Have Disk, browse the HP CD that came with your printer and select the first file that starts with hp and ends with inf.or use currently installed driver if you have teh correct on installed. Click Open then OK. Select your printer model. Click Next.
8. It will ask for the Printer name -- enter a new name or use the existing one. This will be the name of the printer that you select from other applications.
9. You may be asked to share the printer. Make a choice and click Next.
10. The Print Test Page box appears. Go ahead and print it.
11. Click Finish.
Dec 19, 2010 | HP LaserJet 1020 Printer
Feb 04, 2010 | Acer Computers & Internet
Jan 03, 2010 | Linksys ULTRA RANGEPLUS WIRELESS N GIGABIT...
Oct 22, 2009 | HP PSC 1210v All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jun 06, 2009 | Lexmark X2500 All-In-One Printer
May 18, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Jun 27, 2008 | SmartDisk FireLite USBFLB120 120 GB USB...
339 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!