NETGEAR USB WPN 111 and linksys router problem reconfigure proble
Bought new linksys router. Took tech 2 hours to get in running on one year old computer that was hard wired directly into router? Lap top finally working...PROBLEMS old dell system(3rd computer)Have NETGEAR USB and it will not let me on the web. It was connected at one point, showed signal but couldn't browse web. Techs wanted to charge me a fortune. Finally they admitted they are compatable but have to reconfigure settings on USB? Have no idea what to do...any advice is greatly appreciated.....
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
i had thes same issue with netgear got it fixed by netgear support . call NETGER SUPPORT AT 1866-283-6613 First of all don't worry ...it is very easy to do with right steps. for resetting the netgear router you have to take a paper clip, , and insert it into the little reset hole in the back of the router, and hold for 15 seconds or so, that'll reset the router. Wait for all the lights to stop flashing and remain on, then try to connect to the internet. for more info contact and you may can also get the menu, find Restore Factory Settings, and Apply it. Wait for the process to complete 100%, this sometimes takes up to 30 seconds after it says it is complete, and then exit the browser. Now open the browser again and you should see your homepage
If your wireless connection drops ,it means you need to changed channel number of router for that you need to login to router
please follow steps to login to router
1. Open a web browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Safari). 2. Access the router, usually by typing 'http://192.168.1.1' or 'http://www.routerlogin.com' in the address bar. 3. Login to the router with the Username as "admin" and Password as "password" (please note that the Username and Password are case sensitive). 4. Click on Wireless Settings'(under Setup) from the left menu. now you would be able to changed channel on router
and check connection
check that u have properly configured ip address
gateways and dns
try pinging gateway if u get ping then try pinging ur dns servers.
if u get ping from dns server ur brouser might got curropt if not you need to reconfigure ur wireless router.
i have seen issues with wireless USB adapters. Can you try another USB port on the computer? Also delete the adapter and let it br reinstalled. If this does not help, I would suggest returning it and getting a Linksys adapeter.
Check what security encryption is being used on the wireless network. Also, if you are using MAC filterning on the wireless network then disable it and then try connecting. Moreover follow the steps below to connect to the wireless network:
1. Right click on My Computer icon and go to Manage. 2. Go to Services then go to Service and Applications. 3. Double click on Wireless Zero Configuration. 4. Change the Start Up Type to Automatic and click on Apply 5. Click on Start and press OK to close the window. 6. Go to 'Control Panel', Click on Classic View in the left hand side menu and then open 'Network Connections'. 7. Right-click on the wireless Network Connection icon and select 'Properties'. 8. Go to the 'Wireless Networks' tab . 9. Check the option 'Use Windows to Configure this Wireless Connection' and click 'OK'.
Now please perform the following instructions to connect to the wireless network:
1. Go to 'Control Panel', Click on Classic View in the left hand side menu and then open 'Network Connections'. 2. Right-click on the wireless Network Connection icon and select 'Properties'. 3. Click on the 'wireless network' tab. 4. Under Preferred networks if you see any name in the list then highlight the name and click remove.Click OK. 5. Right-click on the wireless Network Connection icon and select 'View Available Networks'. 6. Look for the SSID (aka Network Name) of the Wireless router or access point. 4. Highlight the SSID from the list that you want to connect to. 5. Type the security Key here and click on the 'Connect' button. 6. You should have successfully established a wireless network connection.
since the wireless light is not glowing what we can do is we can go ahead and reset the wireless router, look at the bottom of the router and you will see the routers labelling,check where the reset button is located,it will be on the back where you have the port,use a paper clip or something that is pointed and hold it down for about 30 sec you will see that all the lights will blink on the router,leave the reset button after that power off the router for 60 sec and then power it on....check if the wireless light is on....it shud be on now..
Netgear wpn511 computer not detecting mccree08 on Nov 26, 2008 i have an acer aspire 5315 notebook 3 months old i purchased a netgear wpn 511 rangemax wireless card to help with my signal.the software installed fine but when i look in the device drivers i dont see the card as if the computer isnt recognizing it. there are also no lights on the card when plugged in. is my express card slot not working? • Wednesday, August 05, 2009 09:55 Hello mccree08,
The installed network adapters can be viewed in the windows device manager which can be accessed through the windows control panel as follows:
•Opening the Control Panel The Windows Control Panel can be opened by: Selecting Start > Control Panel (on Windows Vista) - OR - Start > Run > Type 'Control' and select OK (on Windows XP)
•In the Control Panel, Select Device Manager
•In Device Manager, Select 'Network Adapters'
The netgear wpn 511 adapter will appear there if it is correctly installed.
If this solution is helpful please click 'YES' by 'Was this helpful?' below.