Question about Dell Photo 964 All-In-One InkJet Printer
I have a Dell Photo All in One 964 printer. It is just over a year old. I primarily use it for printing documents from Word, Excel, internet sites - for home computer. It has recently begun to print documents with every 3rd or 4th lines printed split and slanted horizontally. Doesn't look very good for my son's school papers. Somewhat unreadable for those lines. Any suggestions?
Also, the printer makes an awful noise as it begins to feed the paper.
Try this steps first and these steps first :
1. Turn the printer off and open the access cover.
2. Look for any obstructions in the paper path and remove them if necessary. (It is possible to move the carrier assembly with the power off.)
3. Turn the printer on, load some paper, and press the Form Feed button.
4. Watch the paper as it feeds through and try to determine where the jam is occurring.
5. Check to see if all the rollers are turning.
If all the rollers are turning, there may be something in the feed path that you can't see. Go to step 6.
If not, there is probably a feed motor or a gear problem and the printer may require service.
6. If the paper is jamming under the carrier assembly, you may be able to fix it using the manual feed slot.
7. Turn the printer off.
8. Take a #10 envelope and feed it through the left side of the manual feed slot until it comes right through the printer to the back of the exit rollers.
9. Move it up and down first, and then slowly move it over to the right side. If something is stuck under the black guide plate, this may work it loose.
Posted on Feb 17, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 09, 2010 | Dell Photo 964 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jul 17, 2009 | Dell Photo 964 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Mar 12, 2009 | Dell Photo 964 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Feb 26, 2009 | Dell Photo 964 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Aug 23, 2008 | Dell Photo 964 All-In-One InkJet Printer
May 21, 2008 | Dell Photo 964 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Aug 28, 2007 | Dell Photo 964 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Apr 23, 2016 | Dell Photo 964 All-In-One InkJet Printer
76 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: