My e-mail on my phone is not working- it wont let me scroll down, it's almost like when I go into my e-mail it's stuck. It will not automatically push my messages either. it's basically frozen??
It has nothing to do with the fetch/or anything it's just the things frozen. Any help???
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: Iphone e-mail wont work
Rest the iPhone, then re-sync it with the latest version of iTunes: To reset iPhone, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least 10 seconds. During this time, a red "power off" slider may appear and the screen may go black, but do not release Sleep/Wake and Home buttons until the Apple logo appears. If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it. Thanks, Joe
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Step 1:Open up your settings
Step 2: Tap 'Notifications'
Step 3: Scroll down until you see 'Mail' and tap it
Step 4: Tap the mail you use (for example: Google Mail, iCloud, Yahoo, etc.)
Step 5: Turn off every green switch you see
Step 6: Tap 'Notification sound' and scroll to the top
Step 7: Tap 'None'
And you're done! Now click the home button to leave the settings.
If you are just trying to use your RR email account on the iPhone there is really no reason to go through the hassle of setting up a G-mail account to route it through.
If you still want to use G-mail ignore the next part.
On the iPhone select the "Settings application
Next select the "Mail, Contacts, Calendars" option
Under the subtitle "Accounts" select the "Add Account" Option
Select "Other" and under mail select "Add mail account"
Fill out the information that is required to set up an account, "Name, Address, Password, and Description) for example (Billy, Billy1@tampabay.rr.com, 123abc, Main Address)
Scroll down to the section labelled "Incoming Mail Server"
Change the "User Name" to your e-mail address And Scroll down to the section labelled "Outgoing Mail Server"
Change the "User Name" to your email address and fill in the password as what you would use to login to the website
Choose save in the top right corner of the screen and wait for the information to process, if a dialog box pops up asking you to continue without an SSL select yes and wait for you information to process once more.
This should set up your RR email account on the iPhone4
sure you have a sim card on your iPhone then just go to Settings >
Mail, Contacts, Calendars then scroll down until you see the option
Import Sim Contacts and click on it to copy all your contacts to your
If iPhone is unable to send mail, try these basic troubleshooting steps.
1) Tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars and under Accounts, tap the account from which you're trying to send mail. 2) Scroll down to where it says Outgoing Mail Server and tap the box where it says SMTP. 3) Scroll down to where it says AT&T SMTP Server, and tap it turn it on, or Turn on all other SMTP Servers.
If iPhone is unable to send or receive mails, try these basic troubleshooting steps.
1. In Settings, turn on other SMTP servers
1. Tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars and under Accounts, tap the account from which you're trying to send mail: 2. Scroll down to where it says Outgoing Mail Server and tap the box where it says SMTP:
3. Scroll down to where it says AT&T SMTP Server, and tap it turn it on.
or Turn on all other SMTP Servers. 2. Add your email account on iPhone instead of syncing your mail settings from your computer 1. Tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars and under accounts, tap Add Account.
2. Follow the instructions. When you enter your email address, iPhone will look up your service provider's settings for you. If iPhone can't find your service provider's settings.
3. Turn iPhone off and then on by pressing and holding the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds until the red slider appears, then drag the slider. Then press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears.
To turn iPhone on press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears.
4. In Settings, turn off Wi-Fi to only use the cellular data network
1. Tap Settings > Wi-Fi and turn off Wi-Fi. 2. From the Home screen tap Mail.
Have you tried doing a hard reset, Holding down both the home button on the bottom face of the phone and the on/off switch on the top left of the phone. Holding both those buttons down for about ten seconds will cause the iphone to restart and give you an apple symbol. when you get the apple symbol you can release those buttons.
what carrier is that sim from? anyway if you put that sim into the iphone there is an option to import sim card contacts through settings. go to: settings, mail contacts and calendars, scroll down to the bottom and press the import contacts button. i will warn you that this does not always work.