Before you installed the cartridge was it in the box standing on end, If so remove the cartridge from the printer and gently shake the cartrige from side to side then reinstall, the toner may be packed mostly on the one side.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
there are some possibilities for this problem.
i will explain it.
1) First of all check out if the toner is full ,half or near to empty.
There is no exact procedure to check the powder left in the toner without opening the toner.but in one toner there comes about near to 1500 copies.if you have got about 1200 to 1300 copies.then its quite possible that the power left is near to empty so the streaks comes on the paper due to less powder left.many times in this case removing and shaking the toner then reinserting the toner again and checking the printout helps.
2) But if you are sure that toner is not empty then other possibility is.in the toner cartridge there is a aluminium drum.its easily seen in the cartridge.once you remove the cartridge. if that drum is got very much used then due to that drum the streaks appear.fox example.if the drum is new the print is very dark.if the drum gets old the print gets very light or with streaks or faded print.
3) Now if drum and toner powder both are proper and still the problem then its the fault in the printer.in your printer there is some toner powder got spilled out on the inner parts from where the printing paper passes.so when the paper passes from the part where the powder is fallen or got collected then the streaks comes.in this case the printer needs internal cleaning and servicing.
4) but in some cases it has been noticed that internal powder of the toner becomes moist and very hard to come out from the toner for printing.in this case either toner needs to be refilled or toner needs to be replaced.you can get the toner refilled from local cartridge refilling store or local stationery shops dealing in cartridge refillings.The cartridge refilling shops also have the same printer for checking the cartridge.so at the refilling shop it will be confirmed whether the fault is in cartridge or printer.
This will help. Thanks .
Are the streaks horisontal or vertical on the page? What printer? Laser or InkJet? If laser, and streaks are vertical, you might have some dirt stuck in teh tomer cartradge or somewhere along the paper path If laser, and streraks are horisontal, your toner cartridge might be dirty or leaking toner
It is either the toner cartridge or the fuser. Put paper in the manual feed tray. Print the Configuration Pages. When the sheet is half way fed into the printer, open the top cover. Remove the toner and look at the sheet of paper. If you see the black streak, the toner is bad. If the sheet looks good, the fuser is bad. Probably a bad roller, which you can see looking at the fuser.
Most often on the PC940 this means your toner cartridge is getting low on toner. To prove this is the cause, just remove the toner cartridge and while keeping it relatively level, shake it side to side a few times. This will re-distribute the remaining toner in the cartridge. Re-install and make a copy. The black streak/faded copy should be much better. If so then I would go ahead and get a new cartridge on the way.
Thank You for using Fixya.
Testimonials are always appreciated!
Run a half test. Put paper in the manual feed tray(tray 1). Send a print job to printer. When the paper gets 3/4 of the way into the printer, open the cover. Pull out the toner cartridge, look down at the sheet inside the printer. Does it have the streak on the left side? If yes...your toner cartridge is bad. If no...replace the fuser.
black streaks the toner cartridge is leaking from the left side which is easy to check pull the tone and look at the gears on the left side to see if toner is present. if these gears have toner on them the cartridge is leaking replace it. check the fuser for wear marks on the hot roller which is the top roller when these get worn through the outer coating they will create black streaks
pull drum unit out and clean corona wire by sliding blue plastic tab from side to side, making sure you put the tab back on the side that it was. if that doesn't take care of problem, then i would say you need a new drum unit.