An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.
Re: email scanned docs
You don't. Scanners save everything as a Picture. Test is not text, it is a combination of thousands of dots that make up a picture. It takes an OCR and very complicated software to read text from a picture.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. You need to install a PDF printer driver on your computerfirst. There are quite a few freeware PDF writer programs on the Internet youcan download one such as CutePDF. To download Cutepdf PDF printer driver (freeware) click onthis link :-
http://www.cutepdf.com/ 2. Scan the first page then click on File - Save the image as a jpg file Eg. image1.jpg
3. Repeat the scan the next page and save the image file Eg. image2.jpg
4. Repeat step 3 for the other pages.
5. Close the scanner when finished scanning.
6. Open a Word document then place each image file on a new page in the Word document
7. Save the Word document (not necessary).
8. Click on File - Print then select CutePDF printer (or your PDF printer driver) and save the PDF file. This PDF file will contain the multiple pages of the scanned pages.
Use any OCR software and it will take care of converting the scanned image into .DOC file or .PDF file. Some OCR softwares require a minimum dpi output, standard being 300 dpi. Ensure that the image is clean and 'straight', deskew if skewed.