Ok so I found a iphone at our mall. I did the right thing and turned it in and nobody ever claimed it. The previous owner has the phone locked to him, I put in my sim card and tried to sync to Itunes and it said it is locked to the previous owner. Can anyone help me restore or unlock the code from the previous owner?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
It seems that your iPhone 2G is in need of activation. To accomplish this, there are 2 ways:
A. (With AT&T as your service provider)
1. If you do not already have an AT&T sim card, contact AT&T and ask for an AT&T sim card to activate service with them. Choose your plan and insert the sim card in the iPhone.
2. Connect the iPhone to iTunes and you will be prompted to follow a few steps to proceed with the activation process.
3. Sync your iPhone for the first time.
Once completed, you will have your iPhone activated and ready to use on the AT&T network.
B. (Without AT&T as your service provider)
1. You will need to download an application to jailbreak your iPhone. (This will essentially remove certain restrictions on your iPhone 2G that prevent you from utilizing your iPhone on another network, among other things).
2. Connect your iPhone to the computer and run your jailbreak application of choice.
Once completed, your iPhone 2G will be activated and jailbroken. The "emergency call" message will disappear, though you will be prompted with a "no sim card found" message until a sim card from AT&T (or another GSM carrier) is placed in the sim tray.
Basically, if this is the case you take your device back to the shop. If you need a solution before then though, search in google for 'iPhone firware 2g 2.2.2'. This firmware should support calls. Download the IPSW. Simply put you r phone into DFU mode (you can google how to do this). Then connect your phone to your PC. Then open iTunes. Click on the tab "*****'s Iphone". You should see the 'Restore' button. Click this WHILST HOLDING DOWN "SHIFT" (on the keyboard). Then a file browser should appear. Select the previously downloaded IPSW, and iTunes should do the rest. Simples :)
ok so what you want to do is unlock your i phone right? well there is nothing that anyone can tell you to do just by pressing a button what you have to do is get a program to rewrite the soft ware which you can do your self but if not done right you can really mess up the phone you can go to this website and follow the instructions well good luck
Jailbreaking your iPhone to 2.2 is going to mess up your phone. I've got a jailbroken 2.2 iPod Touch and it's ok - a friend of mine also tried to jailbreak his iPhone to 2.2 and lost connections as well.