I have Vista OS, it came installed with IE7. This PC is new only to me, but it's an up-to-date model. When I first got connected to the web, I could browse but I couldn't navigate inside the pages, hardly any buttons worked, and I couldn't access my email in any of my varied accounts. Certain sites like Office Live I couldn't get in at all. Finally, by downloading Opera I was able to go and get Firefox as well, so all problems have been solved except for the fact that I still can't get Yahoo Messenger to work. Nothing comes up on the screen. No sent messages (I can see them being typed) and nothing when friend send messages back. No IMvironments, no games, not even the plug-in screen will show up. What's wrong? Firefox is reading Messenger, but still nothing.
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has written 7 tips or uploaded 3 video tips
Re: Yahoo messenger screen is blank
Hello there! thanks for using Fixya.com!
I suggest only one thing try to reinstall yahoo messenger to your laptop or you may download the new version of yahoo messenger and install directly to your laptop or pc. Pls remove all the programs first all about yahoo before you do the installation again. hope this will help you. cheers!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
,you can update your Windows Script to version 5.7. In my experience helpingothers, this is the step that has helped the most people. Exit all browserwindows and chat programs including Yahoo Messenger before installing. runregistry cleaner reginout cleaner to easily fix it
Open http://messenger.yahoo.com/ - click download - it will check your OS and download link will come - click download pressing control key if your browser has POP up blocker enabled. Click Save and save the file msgr10us.exe on desktop. It will be downloaded within few seconds. Then run the program from desktop. Choose custom installation to reduce the time needed and installation of few added programs or tool bars - remove the option those you don't want. Click next - Tick the License Agreement - click next. Now Click install and wait few minutes - it will automatically download files (approx 25MB) and get installed. Now you can use yahoo messenger putting ID password.
Hope you may install well with the solution. Thanks for using www.fixya.com
Hi, I think you would have started to download the yahoo messenger from a suspicious website. That might be the reason why you are getting some plugin errors.You can always register for free in the website provided below .Just go to the link below and download the Yahoo! Messenger software: http://messenger.yahoo.com Upon starting the installation process, just click the "Get a new Yahoo! ID" link. Thank you !!
You need the following OS to support Messenger Windows 2000 / XP / 2003 / Vista / XP64 / Vista64 / Windows7 If that is not an issue read on. Check out the Yahoo blog for the latest help on this subject ( 18 August 2009 )
1) Start your troubleshooting with a clean browser Download and run CCleaner daily - to keep your browsers fully operational
Use the settings as downloaded - Click on the 'Run Cleaner' tab until '0 bytes removed'
2) Shutdown computer - power off the router for one minute - restart computer
3) Have more than one browser available for trouble shooting. Keep browsers up to date to incorporate all the patches - I run Firefox, Google Chrome and IE. Keep one browser clear of add-ons and plug-ins. Always have the browser you are using designated as default - even if you only have one
4) Make sure Yahoo toolbar is up to date if you have it
5) Sign in here to reset cookies https://login.yahoo.com/config/login_verify
6) If you have a Yahoo email address:- drop the '@Yahoo.com' from your username to sign in
7) Check the date and time are correct on your computer
8) If you have your settings to sign in automatically and recently changed your password check this out http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/messenger/messenger10/messenger/mstacantsignin.html
9) Make sure your firewall has Messenger on the 'allow' list.Disable your firewall long enough to make a trial sign-in
10) Messenger 10 now carries a troubleshooting log - if you have a degree in computer science the results may be of some use
11) AVG free users may be interested in this forum http://forums.avg.com/ca-en/avg-free-forum?sec=thread&act=show&id=40313
12) Time to consider a re-install. Save your Profile folder to hard disk, if you wish to retain your message archives. Download 'Revo free' and uninstall in the 'Advanced'mode. This will scan your C drive and Registry for anything left behind after it runs the yahoo uninstall software. Delete everything it finds. http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html Run ccleaner Restart your pc Download Yahoo Messenger from here.
If you are working with a PC that has Windows XP, probably if the YM don't successfully install perhaps you need an XP Pack2 OS. The old version of the Yahoo Messenger will best fit the older Windows Professional. If you need to upgrade yahoo, format your computer with XP P2 or other higher versions like Win8, Win Vista etc.
Vista is the key as its looking for the administrator to complete the installation You need the following OS to support Messenger Windows 2000 / XP / 2003 / Vista / XP64 / Vista64 If that is not an issue read on.
The problem may be due to a mal-function of the uninstall software. Close all programs when uninstalling / downloading and uploading. If you tried to uninstall the old Yahoo Messenger program from the Control Panel and failed to back it up with a visit to the 'C' drive, you may have old software conflicting with the incoming software trying to share the same folder. If you have Vista the whole Messenger folder should have been removed during the uninstall. Check Start > Computer >> Local drive (C) >> Program Files >> Yahoo >> Messenger. - The Messenger folder should have been deleted and not seen. If the Messenger folder is still visible - delete it.
If you have a pre-Vista OS, the Messenger folder remains, and inside, only one sub-folder should be seen. This is the 'Profile' folder and contains all the message history. All other software should have been deleted.
Manually delete any other folders and files before moving on
Download 'ccleaner' and run it through a couple of times.
Re-start your computer and download Yahoo Messenger from here.