Issues connecting acer 4420 to sharp aquos 32 720p lcd tv
When i connect my laptop through the vga cable to my tv the screen flashes every 3 seconds (vista is my OS), but when i connnectd a IBM R51 to the tv everything was great.. also i downgraded my acer to xp and the screen was not flashing, but i had to put vista back on it due to a whole slew of issues with xp on that model. the video card in the acer 4420 is a radeon express 1250, but i know its not the card i believe it is the catalyst control center, has anyone had this issue with the flashing on the tv... any fixes for it?
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If this is the exact model Sharp Aquos television you have then you would have to have a laptop that has hdmi or dvi. You can try S Video on a laptop but the laptop's resolution would have to be so low that most laptops cannot accommodate this. You're right; this television does not have a VGA (RGB cable) input.
Your PS3 set itself above the max resolution your LC-C3237U. Most likely the PS3 is doing 1080P, but the highest the Sharp can do is 1080i. So do this:
1. Connect PS3 to TV (you can use the current cable or analog cable)
2. Turn on TV and set input to port PS3 is on. 3. Make sure PS3 is connected via correct cable. 4. Power on PS3 via power button and HOLD IT for 5 seconds (release after the second beep). It should automatically configure your PS3 to the TV's native resolution for all settings.
Hi. You haven't said how you have connected your laptop to your TV so I'll give you a couple of options:
1. VGA to VGA (This cable is a 15-pin cable like the one you would use to connect a computer monitor to the back of the computer box itself). The Sharp has a VGA connection at the back.
2. DVI to HDMI. If your computer has a DVI output, this would be the best connection.
On your remote, press menu.
Use the left/right arrows to select option
Then use the arrow up and down to select input source.
Depending on the TV you have, you will either see the actual name of the connection (ie. HDMI, DVI, VGA) or you may need to select Input 1, Input 2, etc... depending on which connection you used. The input number may be labelled on the back of your TV.
If none of this works, please let me know your model numbers and I can provide you with instructions specific to your models.