- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Laptops do not have as many keys as a normal keyboard so often they include the numbers over letter keys. So, by mistake you pressed a ctrl or alt or [A] key that simply switches the keys from letters to numbers. A light or indication must be ON on your laptop indicating that it's Numbers or Letters ON.
Find the key that changes the function and restore the function to letters.
F1 through F12 are called function keys because they execute programmed functions when pressed. Used in combination with the Fn key, keys marked with icons execute specific functions on the computer. The function executed by individual keys depends on the software you are using.
1. Sound Mute: Pressing Fn + ESC in a windows environment turns sound on or off. Press Fn + Enter to simulate Enter or the enhanced keyboard's numeric keypad. 2. Instant security: Press Fn + F1 to blank the screen to prevent others from accessing your data. To restore the screen and original setting, press any key or press the Touch Pad. 3. Power save mode: Pressing Fn + F2 changes the power save mode. 4. Standby: When you press Fn + F3, the computer enters Standby. 5. Hibernation: When you press Fn + F4, the computer enters Hibernation. 6. Display selection: Press Fn + F5 to change the active display device. Hold down Fn and press F5 again to change the device. 7. Internal LCD screen Brightness: Pressing Fn + F6 decreases the display brightness in decrements. 8. Internal LCD screen Brightness: Pressing Fn + F7 increases the display brightness in increments. 9. Wireless setting: If your computer has both Bluetooth and Wireless LAN functions, you can press Fn + F8 to select which type of wireless communication you want to use. 10. Touch Pad: Pressing Fn + F9 in a windows environment enables or disables the Touch Pad function. 11. Press Fn + F10 or Fn + F11 to access the integrated keypad. When activated, the keys with gray markings on the bottom edge become numeric keypad keys (Fn + F11) or cursor control keys (Fn + F10). The power on default for both settings is off. Press Fn + F12 (ScrLock) to lock the cursor on a specific line. The power on default is off. 12. TOSHIBA Zooming Utility (reduce): To reduce the icon size on the desktop or the application window, press the 1 key while holding down the Fn key. (13. TOSHIBA Zooming Utility (enlarge): To enlarge the icon size on the desktop or the application window, press the 2 key while holding down the Fn key.
you need to hold down ctrl and function on the left side of your keyboard, and then hit the shift key on the right side of your keyboard. Then let go of right shift while still holding down the control and function keys, and then hit right shift again.
these blue keys are french keys. if you change your keyboard settings to english US or UK, it will get rid of the blue functions, but for some reason, they tend to turn themslves back on again after time. Most likely due to automatic updates followed by an auto restart. Also, I find that the issue only arises if I am in my hotmail account.....no issue in Word docs.
Go to Control Panel.
1. Click on Keyboard.
2. When the Keyboard Properties come up, CLICK on Key Settings.
3. Then set up the keys by selecting the Key to be changed.
Hope this will help some. Bud
(FuNction key) A keyboard key that works like a shift key to activate the second function on a dual-purpose key, typically found on laptops to reduce keyboard size. It is different than the function keys F1, F2, etc. It is also a real nuisance when the PageUp and PageDn keys are placed on the Up and Down Arrow keys and have to be activated by pressing the Fn key.