Question about Kenmore 23913 Progressive PowerMate Bagged Canister Vacuum
I had a jam with my vacuum and released the material, however now the beater bar won't work. How do I take off the plastic cover to see if the belt broke?
Wish I had the complete model number, but you can go to sears.com and click on the parts link and enter your model number, a parts list and a picture diagram showing the breakdown will come up.
On some of the powerheads, you take out 2 screws, then there are tabs holding it together on the back and on each side, release them and the top comes off.
On some othere, the cover over the light comes off, depress te sides and back to release it, then there will be 2 screws to take out. Then using a flat blade, you will see slots from the bottom edge of the top cover, pry out from these slots and the top will come off.
Posted on May 20, 2008
1. Uing the appropriate sized drift punch, tap out the steel axle rod which passes through the beater drum.
2. Each end cap houses a 608ZZ ball brg.
3. Check each brg for freedom of smooth rotation. Replace both if either is seized.
4. Replace with either 608ZZ (dbl shielded) or 608 2RS (dbl sealed) brgs.
5. Inspect and be prepared to replace the drive belt since it may have been damaged in the seizure event.
Posted on Sep 07, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
May 04, 2015 | Vacuums
Dec 07, 2014 | Kenmore Vacuums
Oct 15, 2011 | Dyson DC17 Animal Bagless Upright Cyclonic...
Jun 24, 2011 | Kenmore Progressive Upright Vacuum with...
Nov 25, 2009 | Vacuums
Aug 01, 2009 | Eureka 2961AVZ Bagless Upright Vacuum
Mar 06, 2009 | Kenmore 23612 Progressive PowerMate Bagged...
Mar 02, 2009 | Kenmore 23313 Whispertone Bagged Canister...
May 18, 2008 | Kenmore 23612 Progressive PowerMate Bagged...
May 19, 2014 | Kenmore 23913 Progressive PowerMate Bagged...
1,243 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: