- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Xp should have taken you less than 1 hour, takes me about 30 mins.
If it took you that long, your Hard drive may be faulty.
Did you download the correct drivers from toshiba for your chipset and graphics?
hello , friend its very easy to do that, steps are
1. insert bootable cd/dvd xp prof. cd.
2. But be cautious because the xp profsn doesnt contain the drivers for ata hard disk. so pls find on net the drivers for ata hard disk drivers, also update it in bootable xp profsnl dvd . recreate bootable dvd of xp with advanced bootable xp,
3. or find it from your friend with latest updates requirement. and do from it.
4. Boot from tht cd and start the installation.
5. once it i completed install all video, audio e.tc. drivers.
6. if you dont have that drivers pls download it from toshiba site by entering the toshiba serial no
you have to use a standard windows start up disk with cd rom support like win 98 works well so the computer will recognize a older version then insert it and boot the computer with the operating system that u want to install but be advised if you have a warranty on the machine you will void the waranty i found out the hard way i had xp on my toshiba laptop and i put windows me on it couple of months later i had a cd rom issue and sent it to the manufacture and found out that the waranty was voided because i put a different operating system on the machine
I found it!!!>>>
Just go to Toshiba support web site Download the Storage Manager Driver for XP 32 then have an External floppy drive with formatted Disk ,install the drivers Files in the floppy connect the floppy drive put the XP sys CD Boot from the CD as in Solution #1 or by press on F12 tell choices boot screen popup select the CD then after that when the third party appear press F6 to chose the Driver for HDD to get recognized by the system. J