Question about Dell PC Desktops
Gave in my computer for repairs and they installed their copy which is a newer version. I now want to install my own copy whic is an older version. Also the microsoft site is asking me to activate my windows
First do this.....
Reboot the computer and enter bios by..
When the blue DELL™ logo appears, press <F2> immediately
You might have to try this a few times since you have to be really quick,
In system setup (bios)
Set CD Drive as first device in the boot sequence. Press F10 then chose "Y" to save.
1. Put your old XP CD in and reboot.
2. After reboot if asked if you want to start on cd chose yes.
3. start Win Xp installation from your old XP cd.
4. delete partiton 1 on your C: hard drive
5. create new partition
6. Start installation and format the c:drive
7. Follow the installation instructions,,,
Hope this helps.
Posted on Feb 16, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 09, 2011 | HP PROMO ELITE 7100 MT WINDOWS 7...
Sep 22, 2008 | PC Desktops
May 21, 2010 | PC Desktops
Dec 30, 2009 | Dell Dimension 2400 PC Desktop
Oct 24, 2009 | Sony VAIO PCV-RS530G (PCVRS530GFS) PC...
Apr 07, 2009 | IBM NetVista PC Desktop
Mar 18, 2009 | Compaq Presario 5000 PC Desktop
Feb 12, 2009 | Lenovo 3000 J115 (7387-A11) Desktop...
Jul 17, 2008 | E-Machines eMachines Desktop PC
140 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!