- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
just guessing that you have already changed the spark plug??!! Handlebar on/off switch in the on position? (yes, I have seen this come to the shop). After this you need a shop manual to check wiring connections, resistance values..etc.. if not... might be shop time.
One of the most common failures would be the smallest air leakage in the pickup tube. the siphon effect is cancelled by an air leak too small to see. If the trimmer will start momentarily or "pop over" when fuel is administered directly through the venture or spark plug hole then the issue is definitely fuel delivery. bad diaphragm, swollen fuel lines or a blockage in the main jet or venture tube.
pull the the kill wire off at the kill switch or button make sure wires cannot touch earth - retry for spark , check ht lead for grounding somewhere if ok try new plug if still no spark - replace ignition unit then reconnect wires
1. Disconnect high-tension code from spark plug.
2. Remove the spark plug.
3. Connect the spark plug to a high tension code.
4. Hold the spark plug with insulated pliers 5~10mm from a ground.
5. Crank the engine and verify that there is a strong blue spark.
If there is no spark, inspect the following points.
Step Inspection Action
1 Check for good connection of ignition coil Yes Go to next stop.
No Repair or replace
2 Check if resistance of high-tension leads are OK Yes Go to next step.
3 Check if the ignition coil is electrically charged
1) Ignition switch "ON"
2) Check if the engine coil (+) is electrically charged
Yes Go to next step
No Check the wire harness between ignition switch ignition coil and ECM
4 Check if resistance of ignition coil is OK
Primary : 0.36~0.44Ω (at 68°F (20°C))
Secondary : 10.9~13.3kΩ (at 68°F (20°C)) Yes Go to next step
5 Check if ECM is OK Yes
Do not attempt any maintenance on spark plug if engine is hot.
1. Disconnect negative battery terminal.
2. Carefully remove high-tension leads.
3. Use compressed air to blow any dirt or debris from around spark plug hole.
4. Check that spark plug fits squarely in spark plug socket and remove spark plug.
Raise a vehicle and install SST(OK552 131 001) in order to replace cylinder 2, 4, 6 spark plug.