Question about Network & Wireless Adapters
USB adapter is new, router upstairs is old, sometimes I have a connection downstairs, but most of the time I have to use the installation CD to get it working again.
Adaptor has nothing to do with signal strength.
Its the router .
1. Start -> Run -> CMD -> Ipconfig
( You"ll see default gateway which will be something like ex : 192.168.2.1 )
It is router specific
2. Type that default gateway (only the numbers )
in your brouser tab or run .
3. This will open up your router setup page
4. On the left hand side under wireless you"ll see channell and ssid . Change channell to 11 or 6 click save and then reconnect to your network on the wireless computer.
5. Also i would advice you to update the firmware on the router as it has become old so there may be some discrepency.
6. Dont keep any wireless devices near the router as it will interfere with the wireless signals .
This will certainly help
And let me know if the problem is solved .
Posted on Feb 16, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 25, 2011 | Cisco Linksys AE1000 High Performance...
Jan 21, 2011 | Microsoft Wireless Network Adapter Xbox...
Jan 02, 2011 | Belkin Play Wireless USB Adapter (F7D4101)
Sep 27, 2010 | NetGear WPN111 RangeMax Wireless USB 2.0...
Oct 22, 2009 | Linksys WUSB54GSC Compact Wireless-G USB...
Aug 03, 2009 | Linksys (USBBT100-CA) Bluetooth Wireless...
Feb 19, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G WUSB54G 802.11g/b
Aug 18, 2008 | Linksys WUSB100 Wireless Adapter
Jan 08, 2008 | 2wire (1000-100052-000) 802.11g/b Wireless...
762 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: