Question about Computers & Internet
USB adapter is new, router upstairs is old, sometimes I have a connection downstairs, but most of the time I have to use the installation CD to get it working again.
Adaptor has nothing to do with signal strength.
Its the router .
1. Start -> Run -> CMD -> Ipconfig
( You"ll see default gateway which will be something like ex : 192.168.2.1 )
It is router specific
2. Type that default gateway (only the numbers )
in your brouser tab or run .
3. This will open up your router setup page
4. On the left hand side under wireless you"ll see channell and ssid . Change channell to 11 or 6 click save and then reconnect to your network on the wireless computer.
5. Also i would advice you to update the firmware on the router as it has become old so there may be some discrepency.
6. Dont keep any wireless devices near the router as it will interfere with the wireless signals .
This will certainly help
And let me know if the problem is solved .
Posted on Feb 16, 2009
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 25, 2011 | Cisco Linksys AE1000 High Performance...
Sep 27, 2010 | NetGear WPN111 RangeMax Wireless USB 2.0...
Oct 22, 2009 | Linksys WUSB54GSC Compact Wireless-G USB...
Aug 03, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Feb 19, 2009 | Linksys Ultra RangePlus Wireless Routr...
Feb 19, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G WUSB54G 802.11g/b
Jun 07, 2008 | Belkin (F5D7230-4) Router (587009)
Jan 08, 2008 | 2wire (1000-100052-000) 802.11g/b Wireless...
763 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!