My Coffee Maker 12 cups .I fill up to 12 cups and when it has finished there is only 10 cup or little less. If I fill to 8 cups i end up with 6 cups . Wher is the extra water going. I've never had this problem with any other coffee pots. Jim
I have the same problem. I thought it was evaporating, because there is a tremendous amount of steam escaping, but even if I put weight on the lid, I still come up several cups short of the amount of water that I put in. Weird. Tess
Faulty check valve inside the tubing at the bottom of the unit. This is the tubing conveying water from the outlet of the tank into the heater coil prior to going into the coffe basket.
I have the same problem but cannot find replacement check valve.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Cleaning a coffee maker is simple.
Fill the carafe with 9-10 cups of Water and 1 cup drain cleaner.
Put a paper filter in the basket. Run the cycle. You will see lots of garbage in the carafe. Repeat with the same water.
Next dump the water into the sink and refill the carafe with fresh water.
Run again, several times to flush out the acid. remove the basket and scrub it clean. Your coffee maker should run like new.
Are you sure 8 cups of water is a lot to LOOSE it has to be somewhere i am used to loosing 1/2 cup in the grounds if i make 8 or more cups i have 2 of these coffe makers one in each house the only times i ever loose more is when the filter isnt properly seated and it flows around it and makes a major mess get your coffee maker into a good light and pour water into the filter(coffee maker off) with the carafe out fill it about 1/2 way no water should leak thru then slip the carafe into place the filter should empty if the water flowed when the carafe was out your filter basket and holder arent seated or the valve on the bottom of the holder is clogged and/or held open
Run 2 cups distilled white vinegar and 2 cups water through the system - brew it like it was regular coffee. Then run plain water through the coffemaker to rinse the vinegar out and make sure the decalcification was successful. Repeat as needed. Don't forget to remove the charcoal water filters first.
Hi, My husband found the problem and fixed it. Something had fallen into the water reservoir and was small enough to block the pump. My husband extracted it, now all is well. the Coffee Maker is fine now.
chalice (a.k.a. HolyGrail56)
Check where the water comes out under the brew filter. It sounds like you may be missing the sprayhead. It is a round metal or plastic piece that is screwed on to the water dispense area and acts like a little showerhead forcing water evenly over the coffee grounds. If it is missing, the coffee will be weak. Check the water temperature. If it isn't hot enough, the coffee will be weak.
Be sure the red rubber gasket is in place and clean (ridge side in) and bottom water cup is screwed firmly on to avoid leaking.
HOW TO USE:
1) Fill the bottom water cup with cold water up to the inside lip.
2) Set funnel into bottom water cup
3) Fill coffee basket with expresso grind coffee and level off. (Do not tamp or pack). Make sure it's filled to the top.
4) Place filter onto coffee basket and set coffee basket into funnel
5) Place brewer over bottom water cup and screw firmly into place.
6) Place unit with lid in the center of a microwave oven set on high for 1-1/2 minutes. If boil over occurs, reduce the brew time in 10-second increments until no boil over occurs.
7) Grasp handle to remove unit from microwave when finished brewing.
8) Remove lid and check the level of espresso in the brewer cup. Standard brew is at least 2 oz. If you don't have this level brew, replace lid and microwave on high another 10 seconds. Wait 20-30 seconds for bubbling to stop.
1. Under cold running water, unscrew the bottom water cup. CAUTION: It is normal for some water to be left in the bottom water cup. Both the coffee basket and any water in the bottom water cup will be extremely hot! If you prefer, allow the unit to cool for at least 3 minutes before unscrewing it.
2) To brew additional espresso, rinse Funnel, coffee basket and filter, then repeat brewing steps 1-8 above.
3) Parts are top rack dishwasher-safe -- hand washing filter is recommended.
time to descale the machine not with vinegar but with descaler product 1part descaler 1 part descaler fill the water tank put machine on for few minute stop it for few minute start untill empty rinse very good a few water container and that it if our coffee does not stay warm after that at the bottom of machineinside check the element contactsometime the contact overheat they get some corosion on less power go trus them = less heat i say not to use vinegar vinegar remove calcium in little piese you might block the machine descaler melt calcium thanks for using fixya pierre