Question about Sony Network Walkman NW-E005 MP3 Player
My Sony Walkman s hooked up and is charging but will not connect. It just says connecting and won't show up on the computer.
I had a similar problem (my computer uses Windows XP) - Sony Walkman beeps a couple times when I insert the USB Cable that connects it, like it is connecting, but it does not charge or is not found by Windows Media Player. In my case, the way I fixed it was to:
1, Go into Control Panel
2. Double Click 'System' ICON
3. Select Hardware Tab
4. Select Device Manager
5. Select 'View' at the Top
6. 'Devices by Type' AND 'Show Hidden Devices' should be selected
7. 'Scroll down to 'Portable Devices' and open it up.
8. My Sony Walkman was there with and Exclamtion point ( ! ) in a yellow circle,
9. Right Click on this yellow exclamation point.
10, Select 'UNINSTALL'
11. Once the computer says 'Device has been Uninstalled, Disconnect your Walkman's USB cable then reconnect.
12. At this point, my Walkman was recognized by my computer, started charging, and was recognized by Windows Media Player
Hope this helps
Posted on Apr 11, 2009
Go to My computer right click select Hardware tab
then Device Manager select usb controllers right click icon walkman...
select driver tab,select update driver choose advance,choose dont search...
then dont select the mtp device only click the usb mass storage ^^ then its ok
Posted on Apr 22, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 09, 2017 | Coby Audio Players & Recorders
Dec 28, 2015 | Sony Audio Players & Recorders
Jan 23, 2015 | Audio Players & Recorders
Aug 21, 2014 | Samsung Att Captivate Glide Over The Head...
Jul 09, 2014 | Audio Players & Recorders
Mar 18, 2014 | Antec BXR-100 Gry Audio...
Apr 03, 2013 | Audio Players & Recorders
Feb 02, 2013 | Audio Players & Recorders
Nov 09, 2015 | Sony Network Walkman NW-E005 MP3 Player
12,275 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: