An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: How do you store radio station in memory?
Check the user's guide on page # 3 to see how to connect it since It seems like the constant 12 volts(yellow wire) is not connected properly and that is why the stored radio stations disappear when the you turn off the ignition.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Connect the FM antenna and the AM loopantenna at the back of the unit. Rotate the AM loop for better reception.
2. Press AM/FM.
3. Tune a station by pressing TUNER+/-repeatedly until the desired station is found.Alternatively, you can press and hold thesame buttons down for about one second toactivate the automatic search function. Inthis mode the unit will automatically tunefrequencies until it finds a station.
4. Repeat step 3 to tune to another radio station.
5. Press AM/FMto select between FM and AM.Storing Radio Stations
The unit can store up to 40 radio stations (30 preset stations for FM and 10 preset stations for AM) in its memory. You can enter every single radio station yourself or the unit can store all available radio stations automatically in ascending order
Automatic Preset Programming
1. Press AM/FM to enter the AM/FM mode.
2. Press and hold AM/FM for two seconds to start automatic preset programming.
3. Radio frequencies will be browsed and radiostations stored automatically. When all the available radio stations are stored or all 40(30 preset stations for FM and 10 preset stations for AM) memory locations are full,the auto preset programming function will stop.
1. Tune to a radio station (see "Manual tuning"for details).
2. Press MEMORY. While the Program Preset number is still flashing, input your desired preset number using the numeric buttons or press CH+/-, then press MEMORY to store it.
Retrieving Preset Stations
1. Press AM/FM to enter the Tuner mode.
2. Press CH +/- to search up or down for thepreset stations or directly press the numeric buttons.
If your radio has memory locations where it stores station frequencies then you can store those frequencies for easy recall. But if your radio does not have memory storage then it will usually tune in to the last station every time you turn the radio on.
You need to "store" the stations when you find them by depressing and holding down a channel preset button to store. If they do not stay stored after turning off the radio or the ignition, then the memory wire(yellow wire) may not be connected, or the fuse blown. It should be connected to power that never disconnects... that is straight to the battery. Check ot out and get back to me if you need more assistance.
IF this aftermarket fitted then the ignition live and permanent live feed to the stereo are configured round the the other way on the head unit.i think it may be the red wire and yellow wire need swapping.
I assume we're talking about the Element ESTR200...
A turntable will not work with this receiver unless the TT is already preamplified. No Phono Preamp in this unit.
From the manual...
Store a station
1. Press the FM/AM button on the front panel (or
the AM/FM button on the remote).
2. Select the station you want to store in memory
by the methods described above.
3. Press the MEMORY button on the remote
While "MEMORY" is glittering, press number
buttons on the remote for the station.
If the Memory indicator on the display turns off before you preset the station selection, Press Memory again.
1. Select the band wave by pressing FM/AM
2. Turn to a radio station(see "Manual tuning" on
page 8 in details).
3. Select a group (A- D) of preset stations. This
group will be displayed on the front panel.
For example: "A".
4. Press MEMORY on the remote control.
"MEMORY"will appear on the display.
5. While the word "MEM" appears, input your desired preset number (1-8 ) by using the numeric keys on the remote control to store the radio station. For example this number is "1", the station is stored as "A1".
A new setting can cover the former one.
This memory is kept before next reset.
Retrieving preset stations
1. Press FM/AM button on the front panel or the
remote control to select tuner mode.
2. Press A/B/C/D button on the front panel or the
remote control to select the group of preset stations that you require.
3. Press the numeric keys on the remote control to select the number of preset station that you require. Station selected is displayed on the front panel.
4. By the same way, you can select other stored
The remote control does not operate the unit.
-Another function is selected on the remote.
Press the correct function button.
-No batteries installed. Install the batteries before
using the remote.
Be sure "+" and "-" marks of each battery match the symbol on the inside of the remote battery compartment.
-The batteries are exhausted. Replace all batteries.
-The remote is not pointed at the remote control sensor on the main unit or there is an obstacle between the remote and the main unit.
-The remote control is too far away from the main
unit, move closer.
Six stations for each band can be stored. 1 Press LIST. Preset screen is displayed. 2 Use MULTI-CONTROL to
store the selected frequency in memory. Turn to change
the preset number. Press and hold to store. You can also store the
frequency in memory by pushing and holding MULTI-CONTROL right. 3 Use MULTI-CONTROL to
select the desired station. Turn to change the station.
Press to select. You can also change the station by
pushing MULTI-CONTROL up or down. To return to the ordinary display,
press BAND/ESC or LIST.
The radio was installed incorrectlly. Make sure the red wire from the radio is connected to a switched 12 volt source(has voltage when car is on, none when it's off) The yellow wire to a constant 12 volt(hot at all times) this wire mantains the radio memory and must always have power.
It is supposed to change the radio settings to what ever was programmed at the time the program was set. Your van has settings that can be programmed to personalize more than just the seat. It stores the programmed radio station the seat settings and on some vans that have the power tilt steering it changes that too. If you do not want it change the radio settings you will need to store a new setup for the number that you use with the radio station you want.