- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This is a common error which won't allwo you to connect online, here are some steps that youc can try that might fix the problem.
• turn off your PS3 and router/modem
• if you are connected thru wireless, try to hook up using hard wire this time
• you have to access your router/modem's homepage and change security key or might as well disable it in the mean time
• turn on the PS3 and your router/modem and go to Settings
• then scroll down to Network Settings and configure your connection it should detect it as wired
• then try to update your system with the latest firmware update under System >> System Update (if it is not updated)
• after that you can generate another security key and and enable security
if you have wireless you can hook it up that way. if you have wired or DSL network you can hook it up that way too. in addition you need a playstation network user account.
to hook up your ps3 to the net go to settings, network connection and choose custom network connection then it will show you wireless or wired then choose whatever you have. then just go through and dont change any settings until it runs the connection test then it should work
REMEMBER TO GET PLAYSTATION NETWORK ACCOUNT IN THE PLAYSTATION STORE AFTER YOU SET IT UP!!!!!
try resetting the ps3 by turning the power switch on in the back then try holding the power button for about ten seconds. then turn the ps3 back on and try setting up the connection again. you may have to set your audio and video settings again as well.
If your PS3 is Networked upto Your PC to use the internet connection, You have to allow the PC to share its Internet connection with yout PC, Do this By going into Network settings, Checking the properties of your LAN card in your PC. and clicking on, "share my internet". This should alleviate that problem..
If your PS3's Wired connection isnt working. but your PC one is, Try moving your PS3 Lan cable into one of the other Free LAN Ports (if available) or Try Switching the PC cable over to the PS3's Port in the Router, and Visa-Versa !
Using an ethernet cable, bring the cable into the back ethernet port on the back of the ps3. Go into your connection setting and click set up, and then select wired connection. From there follow the quick online instructions. Test by trying to get onto the playstation store if it works it was successful. The same steps go for wireless. Though I would go for a wired setup.