Question about Belkin My Essential (ME1004-R) Wireless Router
No Problem I"ll set it up for you
1. Follow these steps but only from base computer (any comp which is physicall connected to the router )
2. Open router set up page by typing in 192.168.2.1 on your brouser tab only the numbers please.
3. If that dosent work type http://192.168.2.1 on the run window.
4. Once the setup page is up on the left hand side under wireless you"ll find Security the second tab .
5. Click on that
6. Selet 64 bit wep or wpa .
7. According to my experience and believe me i have sorted hundreds of such my essentials 64 bit wep is best .
8. If you select 64 bit wep enter a 10 digit no in key one. ONLY KEY ONE . ( that will be your security key ). Apply changes . The router will Reboot .
9. Select wpa ( no server ) youll have to enter a password .Apply changes . Router will reboot .
Note: IN EITHER CASE DONT PUT ANYTHING IN GENERATE PASSWORD. PLEASE . MANUALLY INPUT PASSWORD .
10. Your security is set up
11. Now change channell to 11 or 6 for best signal reception.
12. Youll find that under wireless (channell and ssid)
13 . Click ok . Allow router to reboot or save changes whatever .
14. Disconnect on your wireless .
15. Reconnect on wireless . it will ask you for a password .
16 . Depending on wep or wpa you have selected type 10 digit no or password .
17 . Your Network nis now secure
Do let me know and if it is resolved please do rate me
Posted on Feb 16, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 27, 2011 | D-Link DIR-615 Wireless Router
Aug 06, 2010 | Gateway Belkin 54g Wireless DSL/Cable...
May 13, 2010 | Routers
Apr 28, 2010 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Jan 29, 2010 | Westell Wirespeed VersaLink...
Sep 18, 2009 | SMC (SMCWBR14-G2) Router
Aug 08, 2009 | Actiontec GT704WG Wireless Router...
Mar 08, 2009 | Cisco 800 (CISCO802) Router
232 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!