Accidently put a Walgreen photo CD into DVD player. attempted to play it, obviously touched the wrong button on remote, caused vertical hold to go haywire. Not sure how to correct this.DVD player is now not viewable. Haveremoved wrong cd, inserted regular dvd, turned off, unplugged connections etc.. DVD will play but the vertical hold problem persists. Picture continues to roll. HELP!!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Turn on the DVD player. It generally takes a few seconds to get going. Take out the DVD if there's one in the drive already.
Make sure the disc isn't scratched or dirty. Use a soft rag to clean the disc if you see any smudges. Insert the CD into the DVD player's disc drive and close it.
Press the "Play" button on the DVD player or remote control. Some DVD players will begin reading the disc automatically. Pushing the button works just as well.
Use the "Scene Selection" buttons on your remote to select a track. Some DVD players have odd ways of ordering the buttons on the remote. You might have to play around a bit before you find all the right buttons to work the CD playing function of your machine.
Crank it up and enjoy your music. The DVD player will act just like a CD player and play the tracks of the CD through the TV.
To change the region on the Philips dcp750 1. Press the Open button on your remote control to open the drive tray 2. Press the Setup button on your remote control 3. Press the Right button on your remote control 4. Press the Right button on your remote control 5. Press the Right button on your remote control 6. Press the 9 button on your remote control 7. Press the 6 button on your remote control 8. Press the 5 button on your remote control 9. Press the 3 button on your remote control 10. Using the Up and Down buttons on your remote control, change the region to 1 for region 1, 2 for region 2, and so on, or 0 for multi-region playback 11. Press the Setup button on your remote control
Yes there is a hack to make the DVD region free, as far as I know there is not one for the Blu-Ray as yet.
You will need your original remote and a 7040 OneforAll remote to enable region free playback of DVD’s on the Sony BDP-S350.
Programming the 7040 OneforAll remote.
1. Press DVD
2. Hold the magic button until the DVD button flashes twice.
3. Press 0533
4. Hold the magic button until the DVD button flashes twice.
5. Press 994
6. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
7. Press 1891 (this sets key 1 – the DVD button flashes twice)
8. Hold the magic button until the DVD button flashes twice.
9. Press 994
10. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
11. Press 2552 (this sets key 2 – the DVD button flashes twice)
12. Hold the magic button until the DVD button flashes twice.
13. Press 994
14. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
15. Press 0953 (this sets key 3 – the DVD button flashes twice)
16. Hold the magic button until the DVD button flashes twice.
17. Press 994
18. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
19. Press 2214 (this sets key 4 – the DVD button flashes twice)
20. Hold the magic button until the DVD button flashes twice. .
21. Press 994
22. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
23. Press 0795 (this sets key 5 – the DVD button flashes twice)
Done - the remote is now programmed and ready to use
1. Now to make your player region free use the Sony remote that came with the player to bring it out of standby and wait while HOME is displayed
2. Make sure there isn't a disc in the machine.
3. Now on the OneforAll remote press 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 (The blue 24p light on the player will start flashing)
4. Put the player back into standby with the Sony remote
5. That’s it, the next time you turn on the player it will be region free for DVD playback If the blue 24p light doesn’t flash then it hasn’t worked, try a new set of batteries and start a fresh
Had this same problem and found the solution elsewhere on the net. Hold down the "1" button and the "Enter" button for aprox 10 seconds while pointing at the player. This "resets" the remote. I was skeptical when I first read this solution but it worked for me!
This is how to make Philips DVD 622 region free so that it can play VCDs from all regions.
*Open CD tray by holding down "stop" button on the remote.
*Hold down "OK" button on the remote till 9 appears in the TV screen
*Turn off power of your DVD player
*Turn your DVD player on and it is region free now