I HAVE WINDOWS XP SP3 AND A G&E TWINCAM, WINDOWS DETECT THE PC CAMERA, BUT NOT THE MIC INTEGRATED. I TRIED INSTALLING 98068 DRIVER, BUT IT NOT RECONIZE NOTHING. LATER I INSTALL 98066 DRIVER AND IT RECONIZE ONLY DE CAM BUT NOT TEH MIC. HOW CAN I INSTALL THE INTEGRATED MIC IN CAMERA?
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.
Re: G&E TWIN WEB CAM
Go to Control Panel and Click on Sounds, Click
on Audio, then Click on the Microphone. Then Click on the drop
down and select Camera Microphone.
Click OK and it should work.
Hope this helps. Bud
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
i see that you tried the chicony camera driver and it did not work, have you tried downloading the Bison Driver for your camera to see if it will work?
also you mentioned that the Fignerprint reader does not work as well, and you also mentioned that you installed XP on the machine. If i may ask what windows do you have originally on your machine before installing XP because on a Lenovo machine it is big NO to install a different version of Windows from what it Originally had for the reason that some device may not be detect even if you are in stalling the correct drivers.
The Lenovo Windows is an OEM Version and does not have the same files like the Microsoft windows some of the OEM files are altered for lenovo purposes only and if you will install a retail version of windows then you may need to update your system BIOS to be able to make some of the system device s work as normal.
try reinstalling the system back to the original windows that it had before, you will again be able to use the Fingerprint reader and the camera using the same driver you had before.
1. Try the Updated Windows XP Professional SP2 (verison 5.1.2600) to the most latest and greatest update 2. Trt to check if the camera is working .. If not, 3. Download the integrated camera creative drive from dell .. website . here's the link
4. Install the above driver, restart your computer 5. After restart press Fn+Esc key .. to enable the camera. (You should see a small pic icon on the right side bottom of the screen) 6. The hardware wizard will detect a new USB Webcam
*Note: The above link also works for lenovo. Please rate me if you already have the result.. thanks..