My computer has no sound,and it appears on screen no sound device,need to install but i don't have the cd sound device installer.
i dont have any sound to my computer, my computer was newly reformatted. my computer is in windows xp service pack 2 format. all are functioning except the sound. please help me??? thanks you
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If your Master volume is mute or showing disable its mean your sound
card driver is not installed properly. Please install your sound card
driver properly. to intall your sound card driver properly please follow
1. keep your system driver's CD in your cd rom
2. on desktop write click on my computer and select the last option of "Properties"
3. a new window will appear select the 3rd tab HARDWARE
4. and now select the first tab DEVICE MANAGER
5. now a new window will appeared on your screen in this screen you can
see a mark on the sound driver cross X mark or question yellow mark ?
its mean you have any problem in your sound card driver
6. now right click on mark and select update driver
7. select your cd rom and click on next
after installing finish button will appear click on that and restart your PC your sound is enable now.
Go to Control Panel and click on Sound.
Next click Bluetooth Devices.
Click Add button, lower left corner of the Bluetooth
Devices window. Insure batteries are installed.
Press the Connect Button on the Keyboard
(Usually located on the under side of your keyboard) this allows Windows to see
the keyboard so you can pair the keyboard to the computer.
On the computer choose My Device Is Set Up and Ready To
The keyboard should appear in the Add Bluetooth Device
Select your Keyboard and click Next.
When prompted, select Choose a Passkey For Me and
Windows will generate and display a Passkey. Type the Passkey specified on the Bluetooth
(do not use the keyboards keypad when typing the passkey)
No charters will appear on the monitor when typed, but if
you make a mistake, you can backspace. You must enter the Passkey within 30 seconds.
If you don’t enter the Passkey within 30 seconds, click Back
and click Nextagain.
Once the Passkey is entered, the Keyboard should be
connected to the computer. Finish and follow any on screen instructiond.
Hope this helps.Bud
Go to Dell's Support site and enter your Service Tag. This will produce a list of drivers for your machine. Download and install the latest audio driver for your machine. The audio may be integrated on the motherboard, so you may need to install the chipset driver as well.
1. try to go into control panel and look for your sound device under hardware, make sure it's "enabled", and try to update the drivers for your sound card.
2. go to control panel, click on sound speech and audio devices, then click on adjust system volume, and then check the box that says place volume icon in the taskbar
3. If neither work try using the system restore feature and restore your computer back to a date where u know that the sound icon was still showing in the taskbar.