Question about JVC AV-27430 27" TV
The picture is very dark and seems like there are no reds and I tried to adjust the focus and brightness at the back of the set and with the remote
Hi, good day.
Pls check for loose contacts along the crt circuit and likewise, the possibility of a defective crt socket
Posted on Feb 15, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 03, 2011 | JVC Standard (CRT) Televisions
Jun 01, 2010 | RCA HD52W58 52" TV
Sep 23, 2009 | JVC Standard (CRT) Televisions
You have a problem with the three factors, and they are screen voltage, focus voltage, and control (focus 2) voltage. Basically these voltages have to be adjusted since the components in this section have aged some. These controls are usually located in the television on the IHVT (Integrated High Voltage Transformer) or as it is also called the flyback transformer. these controls must be adjusted together, along with the color controls. Here is how the adjustment is done (You will need a schematic diagram, a DC volt meter, and a color bar generator to do these measurments):
1) turn color and tint fully counter clockwise until you have a black and white picture.
2) connect the color bar generator to the TV (ch 3) and turn it on, you should see bars in various shades of gray
3) adjust as best as possible the color and tint controls to obtain the color bars on the screen Red Green Blue.
4) measure the voltages on the focus, screen and control grids of the CRT and match them to the schematic digram measurements.
5) adjust the focus screen and control grids to match the ones on the schematic diagram
6) once this is done then you adjust the color controls once again to obtain the red green and blue bars on the TV screen.
This should help if the CRT (picture tube) electron guns are still good and if the flyback transformer voltage supply is working.
However if you do not have a background in electronics please take the TV to a shop for repairs.
I hope this helps,
Oct 16, 2007 | Sony KV-20M20 20" TV
Sep 13, 2007 | RCA F35317 35" TV
Sep 09, 2007 | JVC AV-32F702 32" TV
Aug 21, 2007 | JVC AV-27D104 27" TV
Dec 27, 2006 | Sony KP61XBR200 TV
Dec 01, 2006 | Toshiba 32A42 32" TV
204 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: