I have had my acer laptop for about 7 months and never had any problems but yesterday my son pressed some of the keys and it switched off now it wont come on but the power button is on and flashing and so is the battery button and the screen wont come on either. Can someone help me please!!
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert that has over 500 points.
An expert who has answered 200 questions.
Re: My acer laptop wont start up!
Sure lets do one thing disconnect the power cable and also remove the battery and than hold down the power button for 12 seconds and than put the battery back in and also connect the power cable and than start the system that should work
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Sounds like the boot up routine is not even starting. Can you hear any sound of the hard drive running (not the fan)? It maybe that your BIOS has got corrupted and that's a major hassle.
1) Format a USB memory key with the FAT mode.
2) Download the latest version of the BIOS from Acer support website:
but I would go first to the Acer website to support and ask for help. http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/
Enter your country and it goes to Support pages
It looks that the laptop has a main problem.
1. turn on the laptop
2. press immediately the F8 key.
3. If you press o.k. the F8 key, it should open a menu.
4. go to open laptop in error mode, or something like this.
5. press intro and wait until the laptop continues loading.
6. When loading is finish, go to start, programs, accessories, system tools, restore system
7. restore the system to a previous stay.
restart pc, when its booting back up, keep pressing F8 to get windows to start in safe mode, select safe mode, then windows will start with no drivers and large desktop icons, and an administartor account will be on the desktop.
Click on the admin account and go to control panel,click users icon, then click change an account, choose your account then click on delete password, restart pc and you will be able to log in
Kids are great aren't they? The magic combo you are looking for is alt and f10 (thats the f10 key - not f, 1 and 0). You need to press down the alt key and f10 simultaneously while the ACER screen is up.
The instructions for the recovery are located on page 25. There is also a notice there that disk to disk recovery must be enabled in the bios for it work. The instructions are there to verify if this is so. Good luck and let me know how it goes.