- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
for slow print many reasons:
1- check tray adjuster
2- check tray customs or standard lock( it will be right side tray lock)
3- check your printer driver
4- check printer firmware
5-check printer fuser
If you recently had to printer off of tray 3 there is a possiblity that the connector broke when putting the printer back on. You say not recognized, is that through the printer driver? Print the configuration page for the printer and see is it shows a tray 3, or go to the diagnostics menu on the control panel of the printer and then go to paper path test. Under the "source" see what options it offers. If tray 3 shows here then it is likely just your print driver.
1. check to see the that the tray is installed correctly and is functional. (See Use information pages) Configure the device driver to recognize the installed tray. (See the device driver online Help.) Turn the device off and then on. Verify that you are using the correct optional tray for the device.
I just ran into this same issue with an HP LaserJet P4015n. Worked with HP and the resolution ended up being the following.
Hopefully this will work with the P4515n printer as well.
1. Open EWS page (printer page) in Internet Explorer.
2. Log into printer as administrator 2. Click on Settings tab, Configure device, System Setup 3. You will find Tray Behavior 4. Change tray 2 model to Standard Tray.
This should give you the standard options for the Tray 2 size or default to the size detected.
1. Off the printer. 2. On the printer and while the memory is reading, hold the green button. 3. You should see "Language" screen first. Browse for Optional Tray and Enter green Button again. 4. This may enable your optional tray. 5. Good Luck.