Question about Texas Instruments TI-84 Plus Silver Edition Graphic Calculator
My calculator has been stuck on Garbage collecting. . .for 3 days straight and nothing works. I even took out the backup battery!
Sometimes, your calculator gets into a funny mode. Maybe your sister was using it, and she set it to do parametric equations, and you have no idea what that means but you do know that it isn't behaving normal. Whenever students come to me and complain that the calculator is acting funny, here's what I do.
Posted on Feb 14, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
The reset procedure will delete all the items that are in the memory of the graphing calculator. Use the reset procedure below:
• Remove 1 AAA battery.
• Press and hold down the [DEL] key.
• While holding down the [DEL] key, replace the AAA battery, and press the [ON] Key.
The message Waiting... Please install calculator software should appear. At this point, it will be necessary to reinstall the calculator's operating system.
• Connect the calculator to the computer using the TI Connectivity Cable or DirectUSB Cable.
Please post if this was helpful...
• In Windows®, click on Start >> Programs >> TI Tools >> TI Connect >> TI OS Downloader.
• In MacOS® X, open Hard Drive >> Applications >> TI Connect >> TI OS Restore.
• Follow the directions on screen to reinstall the calculator's operating system.
Access the link following for detailed instructions on how to complete operating system installation.
Oct 14, 2010 | Texas Instruments TI-84 Plus Silver...
Sep 25, 2009 | Texas Instruments TI-84 Plus Calculator
Aug 18, 2009 | Texas Instruments TI-84 Plus Silver...
Aug 16, 2009 | Texas Instruments TI-83 Plus Calculator
Aug 09, 2009 | Texas Instruments TI-84 Plus Calculator
Jan 24, 2008 | Texas Instruments TI-84 Plus Calculator
Sep 24, 2007 | Texas Instruments TI-84 Plus Silver...
Sep 07, 2007 | Texas Instruments TI-84 Plus Silver...
Jul 21, 2014 | Texas Instruments TI-84 Plus Silver...
1,696 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!