- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
you have to go into the main menu of the cd player. find demo mode and hold your knob down for like 5 seconds should turn it off. not too shure about the demo mode in that particular cd player but that is how it is with kenwoods brand new........or look in your cd player owners manual and find the section on DEMO MODE then go through the steps to turn if off.
If I remeber correctly, I did a bunch of these at the shop and you need to be in standby mode. Hold the menu button. a new menu will come up and you should be able to set the clock there also if you like the annoying beeps that it does you can also turn that off. And while you are at it turn off the DEMO mode unless you like it. I hope I could help.
I had the same problem and I called 1-800-KENWOOD. There is a button to the left of your preset station buttons and it is the menu button. It is also the B.Boost button. When in standby mode, press this Menu button and hold it for a second or so and the menu will appear. The manual conveinently left this part out. Once you hold that button you can then move the control knob up or down till it comes to DEMO and then hold the control knob down for 2 seconds to change it from DEMO mode, like the manual tells you to. They always leave out the most important part. This MENU button will be your friend from now on, and it also goes to the option that will set the clock. The people at 1-800-KENWOOD were very helpful should you need more assistance. Good luck!
There is often confusion in the way the manual states how to achieve removing demo mode. Because this is listed in the "Menu System" section of the manual and assumes you read from page 1 of the manual that you will know to enter the menu in this section of the manual. Here is step by step instructions on removing demo mode on your unit.
1. Go to standby mode
2. Press and hold the menu button till the menu comes up
3. Press control knob towards AM or FM to scroll through menu till you locate "Demo On"
4. Press control knob straight in for approximately 3 seconds till it switches to "Demo Off"
5. Hit menu button again to exit menu
From the user's manual (pg.23):
1. Select the Demonstration Mode. Push the Control knob towards [FM] or [AM]. Select the "DEMO" display.
2. Set the Demonstration Mode. Press the Control knob for at least 2 seconds.