Question about Sony VIAO P4 PCV-RS712 3.0GHz 512MB 200GB DVD RW DVD BRAND PC Desktop

1 Answer

When powering up just shuts off

Awhile back coffee got spilled on the computer. I soaked it in di water and replaced the keyboard. It worked for awhile and then it didn't seem to be charging. I replaced the battery, after I checked the voltage and it worked again for about 10 hours. I was powering up the laptop and it just shut down. It wasn't taking a charge and the battery power only seemed to be good for about 10 minutes.

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Scholar:

    An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.

    Hot-Shot:

    An expert who has answered 20 questions.

  • Expert
  • 53 Answers

You should have let it dry completely before powering it up, eventually the Power supply card(voltage regulator) got wet and stopped working, you need to have it replaced, it's not a battery problem even though the ps card might have damaged the battery a bit.

Posted on Feb 13, 2009

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

How to fix keyboard problems after a coffee spill?


Replace the keyboard. Look up on ebay for a replacement.

Sep 14, 2014 | Toshiba Computers & Internet

1 Answer

Keyboard dont type


No matter how careful you may be, knocking a cup of coffee or spilling a glass of soda over your keyboard may happen. This does not, however, mean the end of your keyboard. If you act quickly, you may be able to fix your wet keyboard to avoid any corrosion of its electronic components or any short circuit which might render it unusable. By following a few recommendations, you should be able to fix your wet computer keyboard.

Unplug the keyboard from your computer immediately after the spill to avoid any corrosion or short circuit. If you spilled water over your laptop's keyboard, turn your computer off by clicking on "Shut Down" on "Turn Off" in the start menu, unplug the power supply and remove the battery. Turn the keyboard upside down and shake it to remove most of the water from it. Take a hair dryer and set it to its lowest temperature setting. Use it to dry any water which might remain under your keyboard's keys. Wait at least 12 hours before plugging your keyboard into your computer again. If your computer is a laptop, wait 12 hours before turning it on again. For Other Liquids Disconnect the keyboard from your computer immediately after the spill to avoid any short circuit or corrosion. Turn your computer off by selecting "Shut Down" or "Turn Off" in the start menu, remove the battery and disconnect the power supply. Place paper towels on a table, turn the keyboard upside down and shake it over them to allow most of the liquid to fall down. Take a few clean paper towels and wipe the liquid off your keyboard's keys. To clean between the keys, you can also use cotton swabs with just a little bit of water. If the liquid which you spilled over your keyboard contained a high amount of sugar, such as soda or sugared coffee, you might have to remove some of your keyboard's keys to clean the surface under the keys with paper towels or swabs. You can do so by lifting them gently with a screwdriver or by using a key remover, which you can find in some IT stores. Wait at least 12 hours before using your keyboard again. If your computer is a laptop, wait the same length of time before turning it on again. How to Clean Your Keyboard http://www.tucows.com/article/684 Fix Computer Keyboard Problems http://technologyandinternet.blogspot.com/2007/10/fix-computer-keyboard-problems.html

Apr 20, 2013 | E-Machines eMachines Desktop PC

1 Answer

Spilled coffee on keyboard now screen flickers


I wash once a laptop keyboard after someone spilled beer on it. Try to unmount keyboard and wash it with water and soap. It works for me. Let keyboard to naturally dry one day.

Jul 21, 2012 | Computers & Internet

5 Answers

I spilled milk on my keyboard and now the keys are all messed up when I type, and pressing any button tends to make my computer shut down or sleep. For example, pressing "R" results in...


Well if you spilled milk on it there is only one thing to do: take apart, wash, wait for it dry, and hope the best.
Find all the screws on the bottom (some might be under stickers or the rubber pads), unscrew them all, and take apart the case. Iside you should find a small panel and a double layered foilage thingy, with printed tracks on it. Remove the small panel and wash everything else with warm tap water. Dry it with a towel and wait for it to dry completely. Then put back together and try it out.
There's not much you can loose this way, if this doesn't work you'll have to buy a new keyboard anyway.
Good luck!

Mar 02, 2011 | Computers & Internet

2 Answers

Spilled a little coffee on macbook--not even a 1/ 4 cup, dried off immediately-- on keyboard, then took battery out and back in and two keys not working so took battery out rinsed around those keys very...


After liquid spill the laptop has to be disassemble and the motherboard inspected for liquid damage. In some cases cleaning the motherboard might fix the laptop.

9_13_2013_9_42_20_pm.jpg

Check out this guide for troubleshooting Mac laptop liquid spills.

Nov 15, 2010 | Apple MacBook Housing, Top Case with...

2 Answers

Coffee got spilled on my laptop keyboard. The laptop seems to work fine all except for the keyboard. When I push the keys, something different shows on the screen other than the letter I pushed. Like if I...


How to Fix Spilt Liquid on bda25ce.jpg?
You accidentally knocked fruit drink or a late night glass of milk on your laptop or your child spilled a good portion of milk directly into your keyboard. You hear a popping noise, the screen goes black. Water by itself is not as bad as milk or juice, both of which are corrosive/acidic, or coffee, tea, soda, etc.
First and most important -Calm Down and unplug the computer from its power source.
Disconnect it from the power cord and remove the battery. If needs, please remove the keyboard. The old adage - Water and Electricity don't mix - is quite true. For your laptop spilled water, let your laptop dry. Do not attempt to turn on the computer for at least 72 hours. Let it sit in a cool, dry place. If you disassembled the laptop, reassemble it after 72 hours have passed.

Oct 13, 2010 | Computers & Internet

1 Answer

I spilled coffee on the key board and need to replace it. The key board appears to be sealed in with a plastic surround. How do i get the key board out? It is an E-system 3213Intel celeron. Yours hopefully...


Take the keyboard and run water over it and take it apart and let the component dry out (while it is not connected to the computer).

I had a mechanic tell me that this is what he did to a keyboard that was part of an automobile engine analysis Bear Ace machine at Sears.

He said that someone spilled a cup of coffee on it and it wouldn't work.

Good luck on this repair of a coffee stained keyboard.

Jul 20, 2010 | Gateway Computers & Internet

2 Answers

I SPILT A SOFT DRINK ON MY KEYBOARD How do I clean it?


I would use Circuit Board Cleaner. It's a spray that would kind of degrease and evaporate really quickly. One time my laptop got rained on a little cause the window was open and it wouldn't turn on. Used the spray to spray the insides of it particularly around the areas where there lid sensor and power buttons were (of course all power were disconnected). I really saturated it so that it would go in deep. It took quite a few times but eventually it works reliably. I bought my circuit board cleaner from Repco (Australia) but I reckon if you go to any computer store and describe your problem they may offer something similar.
It's a big job to do it properly. I hear that you may need to open it all up and dip it in distilled water to clear out all impurities. I don't have the guts to do that sort of thing. Specially that I have a laptop.

Feb 17, 2010 | Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Desktop 7000...

1 Answer

KEYBOARD


I'm afraid you're going to have to replace the keyboard. I really like my Dr. Pepper, and have had to replace three keyboards in two different laptops because of spillage, maybe one of these days I'll learn. Even the smallest amount of liquid will kill a keyboard, and the thing to keep in mind after a spill, is that the keyboard will either work, and may require some cleaning, or not work at all, and require replacement.

Aug 21, 2008 | HP Xb3000 Notebook Expansion Base And...

Not finding what you are looking for?
Computers & Internet Logo

63 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Sony Computers & Internet Experts

Brian Sullivan
Brian Sullivan

Level 3 Expert

27725 Answers

Les Dickinson
Les Dickinson

Level 3 Expert

18375 Answers

mukhtar21 shaikh
mukhtar21 shaikh

Level 3 Expert

2017 Answers

Are you a Sony Computer and Internet Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...