a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Print Screen in Mac OS X Unlike Windows, there is no print screen button on the Apple keyboard. Depending on what you want to capture, you can choose one of the following methods to simulate a print screen. Capture the entire screen Press [Command] + [Shift] +  and release. Click any part of the screen with your mouse. The screen capture is stored on your desktop in .PNG format.
Capture an application Open the application you want to capture on screen. Press [Command] + [Shift] +  and release. The cursor will change to a +. Press the [Spacebar] The cursor will change to a camera. Use the mouse (camera) to select the application. Check your desktop for the picture.
Capture a portion of the screen Press [Command] + [Shift] +  and release. The cursor will change to a +. Drag your mouse (+) to select the area you want to capture . Check your desktop for the picture.
TIP:To copy the image on your clipboard instead of automatically saving it on the desktop, hold the [Ctrl] key along with [Command] + [Shift] + .
Show Hidden Files in Mac OS X Open the Terminal application. You can find it under Applications -> Utilities. Type defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles Yes. Launch the Finder to see the hidden files. They are pre-fixed with a dot(.). Please be careful while changing anything in these files. The OS X uses them to manage the Mac.
Useful shortcuts Use [Command] + [Space] to open the Spotlight search bar. Use [Command] + [Option] + [Del] (Delete) to empty trash. Use [Command] + [Q] to quit an application. Use [Command] + [Option] + [Ctrl] +  to invert the colors on your Mac.
Dock Tips Add an already open application to the dock: Press [Ctrl] + mouse click. From the context menu, select “Keep in Dock” Add a closed application to the dock: Drag it from the Finder to the Dock. From the context menu, select “Keep in Dock” Remove an application: Drag the item off the dock and it will disappear in the cloud of smoke From the context menu, select “Keep in Dock” Resizing an application: Place the cursor over the vertical separator bar and right click the mouse.
Automator Basics The Apple Automator application allows Mac OS users to automate the repetitive computer tasks by creating a workflow. A workflow is a series of actions that will be executed one after the other when executed. An action is the simplest unit of the Automator like Copy to Clipboard By combining actions from different applications in the drag and drop interface of the Automator, you can create your own applications and plug ins. Here is how it works.
Open Automator.app from the Applications folder.
You will see 4 panes: Library, Action and Help on the left; the workflow canvas on the right.
You can search for actions by typing in the edit box located on the top left corner of the application.
Create a plug in for sending mail from the Finder
Press [Command] + [N] to create a new workflow.
Select Finder in the Library list.
Select Get Selected Finder items.
Drag it to the workflow canvas on the right.
Now select Mail application in the Library List.
Select Get New Mail.
Drag it to the right window, below the Get Selected Finder Items box.
Select the Add Attachment to Front Message from the Action pane and drop it as the last action on the workflow.
You have just completed your workflow.
Click the Run button on the top left corner of the screen.
The Mail app will pop up. Close it and go back to the Automator application
Open File > Save as a Plug-in. Type a name for the Automator plug-in.
Open the Finder window and click on a file that you would like to send as an email attachment.
From the context menu([Ctrl] + click), select Automator and then choose the workflow you just created.
If you have your mail account set-up, you just need to type in the details of who you want to send the message to. You can now send attachments directly from your Finder window.
First, you have a complete knowledge about your system.
try to up-to-date your system.
check you CPU load time to time.
remove unnecessary process while working through Task Manager.
check your hardware
check for virus through antivirus
and more activities for full analysis of your system. if need more help follow Mac Support .
From the iCal menu, find preferences, click on that, then on the advanced menu, set the pregferences for view/hide completed to do items by using the checkboxes and setting the number of days you prefer
To set up access to a free Yahoo! Mail account in Mac OS X Mail:
* Install MacFreePOPs and make sure the freepopsd service is running. * Select Mail | Preferences... from the menu in Mac OS X Mail. * Go to the Accounts category. * Click + at the bottom of the Accounts list. * Type your name under Full Name:. * Enter your full Yahoo! Mail address (e.g. "email@example.com") under Email Address:. * Type your Yahoo! Mail password under Password:. * Make sure Automatically set up account is not checked. * Click Continue. * Make sure POP is selected under Account Type:. * Enter "Yahoo! Mail" under Account Description:. * Enter "localhost" (without the quotation marks) under Incoming Mail Server:. o If you run into problems using "localhost", try "127.0.0.1". * Type your full Yahoo! Mail address ("firstname.lastname@example.org", for example) under User Name:. o Mac OS X Mail probably has already entered your user name, and it's enough to append "@yahoo.com" to complete the address. * Click Continue. * Click Continue again, ignoring the error. We'll take care of that in a bit. * Make sure Password is selected under Authentication:. * Leave Use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) unchecked. * Click Continue. * Select an existing mail server to send mail under Outgoing Mail Server:. o You cannot send mail through MacFreePOPs. If you have no outgoing mail server through your ISP, you can use a Gmail or AIM Mail account's. * Click Continue. * Now click Create. * Highlight the Yahoo! Mail account in the Accounts list. * Go to the Advanced tab. * Enter "2000" (not including the quotation marks) under Port:. * Close the Accounts window. * Click Save.
Access Free Yahoo! Mail with Mac OS X Mail Using IMAP Over IzyMail
To add a free Yahoo! Mail account in Mac OS X Mail using IzyMail, which provides access to all mail in all folders seamlessly:
* Make sure your Yahoo! Mail account is registered with IzyMail. * Select Mail | Preferences... from the menu in Mac OS X Mail. * Go to the Accounts category. * Click + under the accounts list. * Make sure IMAP is selected under Account Type:. * Type "Yahoo! Mail (IzyMail)" under Account Description. * Enter your name under Full Name:. * Type your complete Yahoo! Mail address under Email Address:. * Click Continue. * Enter "in.izymail.com" (not including the quotation marks) under Incoming Mail Server:. * Type your full Yahoo! Mail address under User Name:. o If your Yahoo! Mail address is email@example.com, do type "firstname.lastname@example.org" (omitting the quotation marks). o Mac OS X Mail probably has already entered the user name for you. If you already find "qwertui" in the User Name: field, just append "@yahoo.com". * Enter your Yahoo! Mail password under Password:. * Click Continue. * Type "out.izymail.com" (without the quotation marks) under Outgoing Mail Server:. * Make sure Use Authentication is checked. * Enter your full Yahoo! Mail address under User Name:. * Type your Yahoo! Mail password under Password: again. * Click Continue. * Click Continue again. * Now click Done. * Cloe the Accounts window. * Click Save. * Open the _Draft folder under Yahoo! Mail (IzyMail) in the folder list. * Select Mailbox | Use This Mailbox For | Drafts from the menu. * Open the _Sent folder under Yahoo! Mail (IzyMail). * Select Mailbox | Use This Mailbox For | Sent from the menu. * Open the _Trash folder under Yahoo! Mail (IzyMail). * Select Mailbox | Use This Mailbox For | Trash from the menu. * Open the _Bulk folder under Yahoo! Mail (IzyMail). * Select Mailbox | Use This Mailbox For | Junk from the menu.
Hi knittique Sorry to hear you are having problems,
Are you getting any error messages when you check mail ?
I would certainly call your eMail hosting company, don't wait for them to call you back...
Sometimes, a mailbox can get corrupted.
One test you can do is to use this service:
you can see if your mailbox is still active and working.
Error -43 is the common "File Not Found" error. This can also mean a folder is not found. (A Google search for "macintosh error codes" returns a complete list from Apple at http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1618.) I don't know why it would say this unless the files really don't exist.
Dragging an item to the Trash doesn't usually require a password unless you are not the owner of the item. This can occur when copying items from another user's account, for example.
Try selecting all of the items that you want to delete, hold down the Option key, and choose Show Inspector from the File menu. In the Sharing & Permissions area at the bottom of the Inspector window, verify that you have permission to delete the files. If not, click the lock icon, type an administrator's username and password, then change the Privilege to Read & Write (you might have to use the + icon to add yourself to the list before changing anything).
Close the Inspector window and delete the items. This should do the trick.