My phone was dropped in a tub and now it wont work
I dropped my verizon motorola phone in the tub, with distilled water. I took the battery out for about five minutes. I put the battery and the phone in rice. It still won't work. The only button that works is the power button. I can turn the phone on and off, but that's it. I need my phone for tonight. The fastest the better.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If the phone was on when it was dropped in the water it probably will never work because the circuits inside will have been compromised. If the phone was off, remove the battery and it can be put in an oven set to 'warm' and left for several hours. This dries out the circuits an sometimes lets the phone work. Usually the phone gets damaged when it is dropped in water.
try this : This works on most mini electronic devices like cellular phones and degital cameras etc .
it sounds crazy .
Remove the back (or Cover ) of the phone( or Camera ), battery, and SIM if your phone ( or Device ) uses one , DIRECTLY .
Then, with a q-tip (or something similar), dab the connection points (shiny, goldish) on the battery, SIM, and phone. This should aid in drying.
Finally, place all contents in a bag of uncooked rice (separately, do not put back together just yet). it sounds crazy , but it draws the moisture out.
It normally is working after just 7-8 hours, but I would wait 12 hours or even 24 hours before attempting to use (just to be sure).
beware the water damage, despite being dry now, will void any warranties. Also, the phone's hardware is now weakened and if you drop it, the green mother board and circuitry could shatter - so be more careful.
This does work on electronic devices aside from phones as well. Simply tailor it to your device. If you do not have a SIM (Verizon phones, cameras, all others), remove only the battery. If you have an iPhone/iPod or GPS and cannot remove the battery, simply make sure it is all the way off, then put it in the rice bag. All electronic devices react the same to the rice trick. related link is here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-Otjgd48nY
you can take the battery and the back off the device and place in completely submerged in a bag of white rice and leave it in there for 1 to 2 days this will help absorb the moisture, this should fix it if the water did not damage the circut boards if the water damaged the circut boards then the device is fried
Well it depends on the type of screen you have in the phone. Some have edges that can split open and lose the fluid that projects the picture so your best bet is to just replace the phones screen, if every thing else works fine
im sorry to be the one to say it, but the phone is gone. i dropped mine in the ocean once and i tried cleansing the phone with distilled water, and then i heated it in the oven (on the lowest setting) to get all the moisture out, i even took out the data chip and tried to hook it up to my computer, but the data was corrupted. Sorry.
Yes, if it was dropped in water, most probably it would be dead. but moisture damage can also be local, damaging only a part of the phone, from air moisture, or a splash.
Why won't they replace the phone under warranty? if it's only local moisture damage then it's damage from reasonable use. it's not your fault that it's designed to allow air moisture in.
Have them replace the damn thing, don't worry about such things when you have a valid warranty. don't you?
The main point is to act quickly, not to give the chemicals time to react. Coffee is real bad, and if you just left it there for too long, then you're in trouble.
in any case of dropping into liquid follow these steps:
Remove the battery immediately; rinse the handset in distilled water. Why? Distilled water isn't ionised and has a high breakdown dielectric; ordinary tap water is ionised and conductive.
leave it in your airing cupboard for a week to dry (if there's any sign of damp anywhere on the phone, just put it back in the cupboard for another week). Reattach battery. If it doesn't appear to malfunction (bear in mind the battery may be flat), try putting the phone on the charger. If it appears to charge (and holds the charge), and still works, you've probably
got away with it.
If a phone is dropped into a soft or sweet drink drink rinse more thoroughly in distilled water before drying.
Carbonated, sugared drinks and hot, sweet coffee are the worst. You may be lucky if your phone survives.
If the liquid is greasy (e.g. coffee with cream, soup etc.) You can use a mix of iso-propyl alcohol and water. IT types use it to clean computers.
The water dissolves all the water soluble sugar etc. and the IPA dissolves the grease.
A word of advice for the future: leather phone cases (the ones with leather, not elastic, sides) are your friend. They can protect the phone from splashes and even brief immersion, with only the end connector significantly dampened.