I have a problem with my Canon Pixma MP 180. I recharged the ink containers. Now, every time I turn on the printer, I have only one message: ""check ink" and the U051 code error. I can not use the printer, I do not know what to do and I really need it!! Can you please give me any idea?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If you encounter "Error Code 5B00" it means that the Printer Counter Protection is Full and it required a reset and Ink absorber replacement, if you want your printer to work again. There are two ways to reset the Canon MP printer, One is by using a Software tool and the other is manually resetting the EEPROM of the printer. Below is the step by step procedure on how to reset your Canon printer.
1. Using MPtool Software to reset Canon MP Printer Turn of printer then run mptool software this software automatically detect the printer. Click reset main and reset platen button in the waste ink counter section. If you want to reset the cartridge ink level, click reset black and reset color in the ink counter section.
2. Manual Reset of the printer Turn off the Printers. Press and Hold the button Resume/Cancel then press POWER button. Release the Resume/Cancel button while keeping POWER button on press. Press Resume/Cancel 2 times and then release all the buttons. When the indicator recorded GREEN - click Resume/Cancel 4 times! Turn off and On the Canon Pixma MP Printers. And your done.
This error is wasted ink full reset the printer press reset button and hold then press on relase and press twice reset button is now in maintenance mode to reset wasted pad ink press 4 times the reset button then turn the printer button on/off
Hope it helps, good luck
Hi there You can try to reset the cartages this may do it Please call back let us know if it worked for you, PLEASE.
Power off printer Hold down STOP/RESET button then Press and Hold down Power button Keep Power button down and Release STOP/RESET button Release power button Push STOP/RESET button twice Wait 20-30 seconds - our LED showed Idle Push STOP/RESET button four times Push Power button twice Power off Next time the printer is started the waste count will have been reset.
Please come back and just gave a vote, it will gave me some satisfaction to know am helping some one so I will keep on helping. All The Best: Pineworks