I'm trying to figure out if i need a driver or a new sound card. whe i try to intstall a driver is fails every time. does anyone else have this problem or know how to fix and/or figure out if i just need a new sound card?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
By default, your Notebook will be shipped either with Conexant or Realtek High Definition(HD) Audio for which you need to install the Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture (UAA)drivers before installing the Audio Drivers if you are using Windows XP.
The required Microsoft UAA Drivers which need to be installed before installing the audio drivers are available through the link below :
Save the file in the Notebook and double click it to install after the file is saved.
Restart the Notebook after the completion of installation of Microsoft UAA Drivers in the Notebook.
Now, download the Conexant High Definition audio drivers for your Notebook from the link below :
Save the file in the Notebook and double click it to install once the downlooad is completed.
This should solve the issue with installing auido drivers in your Notebook.
Cut and paste in your address bar to check out some external sound cards. Hope this helps you out. I know its not what you wanted to hear but it's true. Please take a second to rate this fixya for the hour I spent frantically searching for a driver for you, Thanks George
You're really unclear on which machine you need the driver for, so, the first link is the drivers for the Presario sr1610nx, and the second link is for the drivers for the c783tu. If you're loading XP into a c700 you may need to search driverguide.com for the audio driver, search by the make and model of the sound card.
Do not click on the link. Please copy the link and paste the link at the address bar of the browser. Next hit the enter key.
Installing this driver may result in an error. But continue with the following steps to get the audio driver installed correctly.
1. Click on Start and select Run. Now type devmgmt.msc and press enter. 2. Right click on "AUDIO DEVICE ON HIGH DEFINATION BUS " or Conexant High defination audio entry and click Update driver.
3. Select "Install from a list or specific location" 4. Click Next. Then select "Don't search, I will choose the driver to install" 5. Click Next and then select "Sound, video and game controller" from the list. 6. Click Next and then click Have Disk.
7. Click Browse C:\swsetup\sp35940 folder and the double click the (WinxP -> Thrifty10 -> CPL30A5a.inf file for Audio) Select the .inf file,
click open and Continue with the onscreen instructions.
I have installed xp in my laptop (Compac Presario V3000). I've configured audio but i got error message "Driver Installation Failed: Could not find the MEDIA device for this driver." Please give me a solution ASAP. Thx.
have installed XP in Compaq Presario 707TU Laptop. I have configured audio as below. Install Microsoft UAA sp31994, then install High-definition audio driver sp33443. But I get the error message "Driver Installation Failed: Could not find the MEDIA device for this driver."...