How to make wireless work after reinstalling OS???
Please, I really need help with this, How do I enable the wireless on my Acer Aspire 3610 laptop, after reinstalling Operating system. It doesn't show up in the device manager or anywhere, and the when I press the enable wireless button it doesn't turn on at all, the green letters don't show up, nor the yellow light does not come on.
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: How to make wireless work after reinstalling OS???
The device driver is missing that is why it is not showing up. Go to your computer manufacturers website and look under Help and Support. There will be a section for drivers. Once you type in your computer type then it should bring up all the drivers for your machine. Once you find and download the wireless card driver then it will show up and work.
Don't forget to rate this with 4 stars before you log out.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You can try
Control panel > Network connections
You'll see your wireless there, if you can enable it, it will work
The button in the laptop and the settings go hand in hand. So you can use them alternately.
1) Reinstall the sound drivers 2) IE, click tools, internet options, connections, LAN settings, auto detect settings Firefox, tools, options, advanced, network, settings, direct connection to the internet. ~ If both are still not working, trying reinstalling each one.
3) As for the e-recovery error. I have heard that dell and sony vaios can go threw the recovery mode in the bios. Try hitting f10 when the computer is starting up. If you're still having problems with the e-recovery console contact acer and let them know about the problem you are encountering. You can always ask them for the recovery disks.
okay......who is your internet provider??? if it is sasktel then they have a very helpful help line that that you can reach them at and their number is 1-800-773-2121. but before you do that....open your wirless conection options thing and then click advanced and then clik the litle square at the top that says let windows configure your wirless stuff (something like that :P) and then it should work...it did for me....but if that doesnt work give sasktel a call and they'll help you fix it :) (its 24/7 support so give em a call whenever :P)
you can reinstall os with ur xp.
with xp disk in drive at startup do you get option to boot from cd.
if not go into bios at startup and enable cd boot in boot options as first;save and exit;restart.
I assume you know how to install windows(xp)