- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Welcome to Fixya. To fix error 46 on borhter printer please follow the steps below.
1) Enter machine maintenance mode
- FAX models with numerical keypads: Press the Menu/Set, *, 2, 8, 6 and 4 keys within two seconds. (if you fail to complete the correct key sequence within two seconds, press the Stop key to try again).
- Other (non-FAX) models: Press the Menu/Set and Black Start keys. Next press the "up arrow" key four times to enter the maintenance mode).
2) Press the 8 then 0 keys in the initial stage of the maintenance mode to call up the machine's log information list (function code 80).
3) Press the Black Start key several times to scroll through the log information list to reach the purge counter. The purge counter is the 25th item in the list.
4) Press the 2, 7, 8, and 3 keys in this order to reset the purge count to zero.
5) Press the Stop/Exit key to return to the initial stage of the maintenance mode.
6) Press the 9 key twice to return to the standby state.
the blcak line that runs from top to bottom is due to a dirty misaligned print head...do a full printer maintenance on your printer/scanner . Once the heads and rollers get clean and the printer is aligned, it should get rid of any black streaks or lines. I own a Brother Printer/scanner and it did the same thing to me, as soon as I ran maintenance on it..it fixed the black straks and lines I had on my prints.
Go to printer and faxes option and choose the printer model which you installed just right click on it you will see the option of use printer online. Also I suggest you to change the usb port and the cable also because you mention it goes off-line frequently.
If the black lines comes when using the ADF (top feeder), try to see if you get the same problem when using the scanner glass or receiving faxes. If you don't, you simply have to clean the glass strip to the left of the a4 sized scanner glass. Wipe it with a dry cloth piece, no paper and no water/alcohol. If you see some dirt there that you're unable to simply wipe off, try to use a cotton wool to "rub" it off.
Here is the user's guide.
Go to page 65 (page 81 on the reader bar on the bottom) and turn off Advanced Fax Operations > It will ask you if you want to print the faxes or erase them. Also, see page 80 ( page 96 in the reader) first. It explains what to do.